Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Massage

Options
  • 10-04-2011 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about becoming a Massage and or Beauty Teacher. I'm a qualified VTCT Massage and Beauty Therapist and I'm thinking of doing teenage workshops this year but I can't figure out if I need to be a qualified teacher to do this?
    Or if I wanted to offer a mobile Service to train Therapist in Hot stones or Indian Head massage in Spa's what qualification I would need to do this?

Any help would be great, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

If you want to teach in a setting where you will be pay by the State (Dept of Ed. or VEC) then there is a Dept Circular which outlines the qualifications you need e.g. CIBTAC, ITEC and CIDESCO and 4 years post qualification experience.

In terms of training Therapists do remember for insurance purposes they need a recognised qualification so if you are heading down that road be sure and give them recognition.

If you intend to do run courses privately then there is no regulation.

Advertisement