Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quel est Le meilleur chemin apprendre français à ton avis?

• 10-04-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

S'il vous plaît ne parle pas aller à la France comme c'est non choix pour moi. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Pourquoi tu ne peux pas aller en France? Trop jeune? C'est pas si cher, et malheureusement c'est le meilleur façon pour l'apprendre. Sinon, essaye de lire des articles de journaux ou des forums français. Il ya un thread ici http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056040057 aussi sur le sujet de l'apprentissage d'une langue étrangère.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Diairist

vivre en France!

you will learn a bucket load daily without realising it.

however, when you pass the ripe old age of 7 it's not as easy. After Leaving Cert we find it hard to listen to and hear something new and 'store' it. The standard ploy for an adult to fool themselves is to have a native speaker in front of them, ask for a word, native pronouces it, you make a stab at it, they repeat their pronunciation and you smile and say 'yes' in their language and each goes off satisfied. 99 times out of a hundred, sometimes out of 99, you are still mispronoucing it. In the country you'll have a better chance of meeting someone who says 'no, say it this way.' In France if you're VERY luck you'll find a native speaker who will give a sentence to explain the difference between 'chemin' and façon'. Extremely unlikely in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

Qui, je suis trop jeune et je serai dans école pour les années prochaine. Je fais le Leaving cert maintenant mais j'espere continuer à faire français même après je finis. Ton français est super, es-tu allé au france? Merci, je regarderai àu lien quand je finis écrire ici.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

Diairist wrote: »
    if you're VERY luck you'll find a native speaker who will give a sentence to explain the difference between 'chemin' and façon'. Extremely unlikely in Ireland.

Maybe you could explain it? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Chemin is way or path; facon is method. I think that's the case although I did th Leaving in 1989 and have had little occasion to read French since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Caireann wrote: »
    Qui, je suis trop jeune et je serai dans école pour les années prochaine. ...

You are young, but not that young. :p
    Your best bet is to go there. Without living there, you could go for a few weeks during the holidays.
    Living with a family is a good way. Maybe you can work out a way of making a contact out there for an exchange with someone your age?
    You go there for a few weeks, speak ONLY French and vice-versa in Ireland.
    Being an au-pair could be another good way but I don't know if you can just do it for a few months without having to interrupt your studying for a certain length of time.

Travelling is quite cheap these days.

Going to the country not only gives you the advantage of learning and practicing a language, it also gives you an idea of the culture and is a good way to realise that mastering a foreign language is a fantastic asset to have (ie. not just a subject you learn to please the teachers/lecturers/parents ...). :)

Best of luck.

Valerie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Qui, je suis trop jeune et je serai dans école pour les années prochaine. Je fais le Leaving cert maintenant mais j'espere continuer à faire français même après je finis. Ton français est super, es-tu allé au france? Merci, je regarderai àu lien quand je finis écrire ici.
    C'est moi. Oui, j'habite en France maintenant. Bien que j'aie étudié le français pendant six ans, quand je suis venu ici je pouvais rien dire sauf 'Bonjour' etc au début.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

http://www.onf.ca/

Des films, des courts-métrage, des films d'animation pour tout le monde sur tous les sujets

Cherche pour des podcasts

Essaye de trouver des journaux, des livres, des sites web etc

Language immersion works well, even if you're not fluent, you'll pick up a lot things!

Bonne chance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭alexjk

Tu pouvais écouter des chansons française? Y'a plein des choses a découvrir. Moi, quand j’étais à lycée, j’ai écouté à Kyo, Calogero et Luke.
    Tu pouvais aussi regarder des séries-télé en streaming? Les sites que j'utilise sont alloshowtv et lookiz. Malheureusement, il n'y a pas des sous-titres disponibles sur ces sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

regarde les films francais, ecoute la musique et parle! trouve des amis francais? s'il y a un IT ou universite dans ta ville, peut-etre tu peux trouver des amis francais? j'ai appris mon francais au pub avec une biere dans ma main. et regarde l'auberge espagnole, c'est tres drole!

oh and the fact that you're actually making an effort and clearly have an interest in learning french is most of the battle and you'll be miles ahead of everyone else. main thing though is to enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Marina-anseo

Regardez tv5 monde sur l'internet ou sur la chaine sky digital 799 (je pense) parce qu'il y a des dessins animés chaque weekend de 07:00 à 11:00.
    Il y a aussi des soustitres pour des films sur cette chaine mais seulement en francais ou en allemand.
    À mon avis, c'est mieux qu'ils ne sont pas en anglais parce qu'il faut faire plus d'attention a chaque mot.
    Moi, je trouvais le livre "Grammaire Appliquée" par Folens très utile pour le bac.
    Bonne Chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭davwain

S'il vous plaît ne parle pas aller à la France comme c'est non choix pour moi. :(

Par lire, écouter et écrire dans quelle langue. Je peux parler français autour d'un niveau intermédiat, et j'essaye améliorer mon russe autour du même niveau.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭locteau

I copy this from my other thread, I hope this help :

"My personal story as a french who learned English when I moved in Ireland :

- Started to watch a lot of subtitle tv shows
    - Then watch the same TV shows in plain English and lot of Cinema movies
    - Get tourist / history books with two languages and try to understand it in French and help with the English section. Read it over and over until you get all of it and can swap books / brochures over and over
    - Buy children french books they use at schools, if you have kids do it with them (great fun) and you learn at the same time (it also help you to understand how hard it is for them to learn stuff at school :-)
    - Meet people who speak the language, student groups (some are old student groups)

Then it's a lot about practicing and make a lot of mistakes until you comfortable. Obviously if you want to learn french I would suppose you aim to go in a french speaking country, which is the best to practice and get better."

Regardez tv5 monde sur l'internet ou sur la chaine sky digital 799 (je pense) parce qu'il y a des dessins animés chaque weekend de 07:00 à 11:00.
    Il y a aussi des soustitres pour des films sur cette chaine mais seulement en francais ou en allemand.
    À mon avis, c'est mieux qu'ils ne sont pas en anglais parce qu'il faut faire plus d'attention a chaque mot.
    Moi, je trouvais le livre "Grammaire Appliquée" par Folens très utile pour le bac.
    Bonne Chance :)

Je dirais la même chose d'apprendre russe. Un de mes spectacles favorits, entre eux en russe, est «L'Ukraine a un talent». J'ai montré l'épisode avec la danse à la barre verticale d'Anastasia Sokolova de Kiev. J'apprécie la langue bcp plus, pas juste pour mon héritage des pays slaves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

• Registered Users Posts: 40 FranDub

Just do it the way I did to learn English.. Leave everything behind and go get a life in France !
    Best of luck ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

locteau wrote: »
    I copy this from my other thread, I hope this help :

"My personal story as a french who learned English when I moved in Ireland :

- Started to watch a lot of subtitle tv shows
    - Then watch the same TV shows in plain English and lot of Cinema movies
    - Get tourist / history books with two languages and try to understand it in French and help with the English section. Read it over and over until you get all of it and can swap books / brochures over and over
    - Buy children french books they use at schools, if you have kids do it with them (great fun) and you learn at the same time (it also help you to understand how hard it is for them to learn stuff at school :-)
    - Meet people who speak the language, student groups (some are old student groups)

Then it's a lot about practicing and make a lot of mistakes until you comfortable. Obviously if you want to learn french I would suppose you aim to go in a french speaking country, which is the best to practice and get better."

I would say also to see if there are videos in French, with subtitles in English. It'd be nice to find a series of videos, similar to those found on the Youtube channel russiatrain, with many of the videos with English subtitles (but Russian-language narration). I admit there are a lot of mistakes I've made in Russian, but it's about the practice (whether for learning French, Russian or another language), isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 iusedmename

Lire, c'est bien - écrire, c'est mieux.

Il y a toujours l'alliance française; en groupe soyez bavard.

Et surtout, remplacez tout ce vous faites actuellement par son homologue français; faites votre vie à la française.

• Advertisement
Advertisement