Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The house of lunatics.

Options
  • 10-04-2011 11:38am

Someone has had some fun with Google translate! :rolleyes:
    154724.JPG

My Irish still isn't good enough to understand without prompting. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

Em that was me and my own translation? I don't know why your making fun of somebody trying their best to improve their langfuage? Especially making a thread just to humiliate me?

And actually you must have google auto-translate on because that whole forum is in Irish not english. Welldone. Looks like your the one having fun with google translate.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

Caireann wrote: »
    Em that was me and my own translation? I don't know why your making fun of somebody trying their best to improve their langfuage? Especially making a thread just to humiliate me?

I understand how you could feel humiliated but I dont think that was the OP's intention!

The point of the picture wasn't your post but the forum name under it, 'The House of Lunatics'. I think the intention of the post is to show that google translate translates Teach na nGealt to 'The House of Lunatics', as in that someone made a joke translation. But that is what Teach na nGealt actually means, to be honest I'm surprised that Google got it right :)

Your post in Irish was fine, don't be humiliated. Google didn't do a very good job translating it to English!

Caireann wrote: »

It was the mis translation of teach na ngealt I was referring to, not the post above it.

I've edited it now.

Ok no harm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

I noticed they took away the "Suggest a better translation" box. I used to always use that to correct the Irish translations, but I don't think Google ever read them!

Advertisement