Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

API BEERS: Help Pick A Date For The Beers!

Options
  • 10-04-2011 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Dublin City Centre is the place - now we have to pick a date.
    We can pick a venue when the date is set.

The more the merrier so please bring along a friend or partner.

API BEERS: Help Pick A Date For The Beers! 40 votes

Saturday 7th May
    0%
    Saturday 14th May
    10%
    seamusDemoniqueTallonToniTuddle 4 votes
    Saturday 21st May
    10%
    seamusLizard QueenToniTuddleGalway K9 4 votes
    Saturday 28th May
    12%
    seamusTallonandreackylitheagle10 5 votes
    Saturday 4th June
    5%
    seamusTallon 2 votes
    Saturday 11th June
    17%
    seamusserenacatLeeg17ToniTuddlebelongtojazzLawrence1895scarlet_mandy 7 votes
    Saturday 18th June
    27%
    [Deleted User]antomagooanniehooTallonandreacDBCycAllgäuerinlorebringerToniTuddlemosibelongtojazz 11 votes
    Saturday 25th June
    17%
    antomagooanniehooTallonDBCycToniTuddlemosibelongtojazz 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Saturday 25th June
    I've picked the dates I'm available to go woooooooooooo!!

Come on folks let's have a funky night out. We all deserve a break :D

Handy information for when a date is picked:
    http://www.abigailshostel.com/ <---stayed there recently excellent place and perfectly central. Taxi cars are right outside if anyone needs one and the Gypsy Rose bar is RIGHT beside it. The Grand Social is only a few minutes walk away so there may be no need for a taxi at all. LESS EXPENSE :p

Saturday 25th June
    Actually can this please be stickied Mods so that it doesn't keep getting lost onto other pages? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I can't pick a date yet. Work rota hasn't been done up. :(

Saturday 25th June
    Ha! Was wondering :D

I voted for my preference, but will most likely make it whatever night is most popular.

We need venue suggestions. ToniTuddle suggested here http://www.thegrandsocial.ie/ in an earlier thread. Any other suggestions?

• Advertisement

Saturday 25th June
    There is also this bar which is near the grand social bar. More of a rock vibe of it but meant to be a really good nights craic!

http://gypsyroseclub.com/
    http://www.yelp.ie/biz/the-gypsy-rose-dublin

Also have TP Smith pub....there is one near the Jervis Luas stop
    http://www.thesmithgroup.ie/

I believe a former regular of this forum works the door of the Gypsy Rose. I don't know if that bodes well for a group of us getting in or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fibbers :D:D:D

Saturday 25th June
    Whispered wrote: »
    I believe a former regular of this forum works the door of the Gypsy Rose. I don't know if that bodes well for a group of us getting in or not :D

Pays to stay friendly with everyone eh! Ya never know when ye may need them :pac::D
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Fibbers

Oh aye indeed good thinking batman! You aint voted in the poll get yer arse voting :p

Don't know if I mentioned it but O'Reillys ( aka SubLounge) is also very good. Cheapest pints in Dublin too on a Saturday night €3.60 :pac:
    Cocktails €5
    Pretty damn funky looking too :)
    A good few Boards beers have been held there.

http://www.sublounge.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I don't know if I'll be off, but if I go we should have a pre beers at the zoo!

• Advertisement

Saturday 25th June
    FunkZ wrote: »
    I don't know if I'll be off, but if I go we should have a pre beers at the zoo!

Now there's an idea!

Though some folks may be working on whatever day is picked and might only be able to make the beers in the evening time.
    But if some folks aint and have spare time I see nothing wrong with that option of the zoo too.

Seeing awesome fuzzy animals...then go get drunk :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Now there's an idea!

Though some folks may be working on whatever day is picked and might only be able to make the beers in the evening time.
    But if some folks aint and have spare time I see nothing wrong with that option of the zoo too.

Seeing awesome fuzzy animals...then go get drunk :pac:

I hope I'm not working that Saturday or any other Saturday ever for that matter! Drink before the zoo, and after ;)

Saturday 25th June
    FunkZ wrote: »
    I hope I'm not working that Saturday or any other Saturday ever for that matter! Drink before the zoo, and after ;)

You believe that alcohol can and should be consumed during daylight hours too?

*proposes marriage* :pac:

So far it looks like the 11th of June is winning.
    Plenty time to save up for it :D

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    *proposes marriage* :pac:

Now there is an API beers idea!

Ok so, 11th June it is then?

Saturday 25th June
    Yup! Sure give it a go :D The countdown begins woooo :)

been kinda offline lately but back now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

Saturday 21st May
    Where is the api beers location

That hasn't been decided yet. Probably something we should decide on and have it all done and dusted.

Suggestions so far have been the sublounge http://www.sublounge.ie/

TP Smiths http://www.thesmithgroup.ie/tpsmiths/index.html

http://www.thegrandsocial.ie/venues Grand Social

and http://gypsyroseclub.com/ the gypsy rose.

I've been in TP smiths but only at evening time for some food so I don't know what its like later on. I think the Grand Social looks good, nice and laid back, we could meet in the front for a drink then the young ones who want to go off dancing can while the ould ones have a more sensible evening :pac:

Any other suggestions?

Saturday 25th June
    Was just at another beers at the weekend we went to Longstone and Doyles which is only a minutes walk from each other...very handy!

Longstone we had good few pints and able to talk as no loud music.
    Then we popped over to Doyles and had more pints and dancing and general talking though the music is bit louder there :pac:

Here is the location of The Longstone and Doyles is just on the corner where D'Olier St and College St. You can see Doyles from The Longstone.

As I said before there is a hostel Abigails on Aston Quay which is very handy as it's only a few minutes walk from both bars so no need for taxis :D

In saying that The Grand Social is an easy walk and the Gypsy Rose is right beside the hostel! :pac:

Saturday 25th June
    Ok bad news from me! :(
    I won't be able to go to this beers as I've managed to finally get lucky and get some work over the next 2 weeks. Can't pass it up as I'm moving to Galway and need the money for the rent. :o

Hasn't been much movement in this thread but hope you guys still go ahead with this. :)

If any of you guys will happen to be around on the 25th of June that's when I'll next be able to be in Dublin. Will actually be my last time up there before I start fostering this little kitten! Gonna be in the Lafayette Bar there will be a general boards beers mixed between the Noc Forum and TGC forum and general other boardsies. It was a bit hit the last time!

Otherwise have an AWESOME time this weekend :)

• Advertisement

EDIT: Definitely wont be able to make it in. We just got notification of something we must attend on Saturday. Would much prefer to be having a nice night out though. :(

Are other people planning on heading in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I propose for a pre (Friday evening) or post (Sunday Evening) pet expo meet in Marley park or Pheonix park. Granted it would be a dog walking thing and I know it's not till October but it seems to take that long to organise :p

I propose for a pre (Friday evening) or post (Sunday Evening) pet expo meet in Marley park or Pheonix park. Granted it would be a dog walking thing and I know it's not till October but it seems to take that long to organise :p

:eek: I'll have you know I had a very good reason to not attend. :)

But I do think you're right and a pet based meet up makes more sense for a pet based forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Oh, that wasn't supposed to be a dig at all :pac: It just seems sometimes it takes a long time for people to agree or come to a decision, so I thought people that might be thinking about going to Dublin for pet expo anyway might be on board. Well I'll be going on the Friday anyway and I'll be walking my dog somewhere so feel free to join in :D.

Oh, that wasn't supposed to be a dig at all :pac: It just seems sometimes it takes a long time for people to agree or come to a decision, so I thought people that might be thinking about going to Dublin for pet expo anyway might be on board. Well I'll be going on the Friday anyway and I'll be walking my dog somewhere so feel free to join in :D.

It was a dig. I always knew you had a mean side :p

A pet based meet up is a great idea. As well as the pet expo - As far as I know EGAR is planning a charity day in July which might be a good place for the west based posters (and those who will drive down) to meet up, if it goes ahead I intend to go camping for the weekend, so will be there looking like a filthy hippy and smelling of dry shampoo. :D

Advertisement