Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kapersky initial scan taking forever!

Options
  • 10-04-2011 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hey guys.

I installed Kaspersky Anti Virus 2010 over a month ago and it appears that the initial scan isn't yet finished! I turn my pc on for about 7 - 10 hours most days.

When I open the program it shows a large green bar at the bottom of the home platform/screen that indicates the progress of the scan (although it doesn't give any indication as to how much there is left to scan) and it says that total scanned files number is 5087368 (that's a LOT of files.. is that possible?!) and it says that 58 threats have been detected, but it doesn't give me the option of resolving these threats...

Now, I've never used Kaspersky before and I've never seen a tour of the product or anything so it's very hard for me to tell what's happening here. It says that my computer status is 'protected', but how could this be if the initial scan hasn't yet finished? I'm not even 100% certain that this is the initial scan and not a new scan, but I've never seen a notice to say scan completed.

It's been over a month (nearly two) since I installed this product, this is getting ridiculous at this stage.

Help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

I'm think the scan would have finished over a month ago.

You should have an option to finish or abort the current scan, which is probably alreay finished.

Then select something like "scan my computer" and then run a quick scan.

You should also download hijackthis (or simaliar app) and upload the report to get it analysed.

If your anti-virus software is acting up it could mean malware is behind it.

I'm guessing it's a case of you never closed Kaspersky after the scan and you, like me, never reboot the computer.

"scanned files number is 5087368"
    I got 62,226 files on my user account,Thats not counting the c:\windows directory, but I dont think there are 500,000 files there . I could be wrong.

Advertisement