Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A2SD+?

Options
  • 09-04-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace (SOC v1.7 ratc). I'm looking to enable A2SD+ on it and I don't know where to start. I've read reports that ROM Manager has bricked Galaxy Aces. I had installed it to check if support for Galaxy Ace was added and under Apps to SD on it, it asks for me to select a device and mine isn't listed so I uninstalled before I made any cock-ups and bricked my phone so I want to keep well away from ROM Manager.

Can I just add an EXT 3 partition to the sd card through a card reader and EASEUS Partition Master on my computer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Anyone know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Does the Galaxy Ace need A2SD?
    How much internal space is their available for apps?
    Its fantastic for the Desire and older phones with limited internal storage but I cant see the need for it on Desire HD, Z or Galaxy S.

You'll need to flash a custom ROM (which voids warranty and you mentioned you didn't want to do that earlier) with init.d support.

ongarite wrote: »
    Does the Galaxy Ace need A2SD?
    How much internal space is their available for apps?
    Its fantastic for the Desire and older phones with limited internal storage but I cant see the need for it on Desire HD, Z or Galaxy S.

You'll need to flash a custom ROM (which voids warranty and you mentioned you didn't want to do that earlier) with init.d support.
    It has 181mb.

No custom roms available yet anyway. Have only heard of one in the works. I was hoping it could be set up without flashing a rom.

Have 80mb free on it but this is a replacement device. Filled the original one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Then you'll need a2sd+. You can partition the sd card with free windows software. Root and install a2sd+.

Then you'll need a2sd+. You can partition the sd card with free windows software. Root and install a2sd+.

From where do you install a2sd+? I'm already rooted and I have the software to partition the sd card. I'm just missing a2sd+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Check out this thread, it as work in progress but looks like it works..
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1014669

ongarite wrote: »
    Check out this thread, it as work in progress but looks like it works..
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1014669
    Do you know how adb shell works?

Advertisement