Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pint&snug combo in Ireland

Options
  • 09-04-2011 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

My choice of best snug & pint combo goes to Dick Macks in Dingle, what a spot!

anyone care to share their choice?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Mooney's in monasterevin, co. Kildare was there a few times before a couple of weddings great spot.They have an old snug off the bar which is tiny but they also have a larger one with a few large comfy chairs and a open fire,its like a small sitting room.They also have a another small room which is like a small kitchen.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

WilcoOut wrote: »
    My choice of best snug & pint combo goes to Dick Macks in Dingle, what a spot!

anyone care to share their choice?

Got a good snuggle off of oliver the barman there, not the same since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

The Castle Inn, South Main Street, Cork City for me.

Ticks all the boxes, private access to the bar, lock on the door to separate me from the rest of the ilk in the main bar and a private door to the street for a crafty fag.

The rest of the pub itself is a work of art, I'd often sit watching the health and safety nightmare of a fire for hours with a few pints of Murphys, throwing the odd empty bag of Tayto in from time to time to get the flames up. Beats the load music of a nightclub for entertainment anytime.

In Dublin, The Palace of Fleet Street and The Royal Oak of Kilmainham have notable snugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

BenShermin wrote: »
    Ticks all the boxes, private access to the bar, lock on the door to separate me from the rest of the ilk in the main bar and a private door to the street for a crafty fag.

ticking all the boxes is right!

the pint good?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Crown in Belfast, and a pint of Belfast Black on cask: perfection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭LiamOSullivan

Dick Mack's isn't a half bad pub, but it's not the first place I'd go to for a 'good' pint.
    Not that it's bad there, or anything... Just not all that much difference from the usual if I recall correctly.

Advertisement