Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android - writing to SIM cards

Options
  • 09-04-2011 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

I haven't had any luck saving contacts to a SIM card using a HTC Desire HD. Tried using apps like Contact2Sim but no luck. It seems that the Android engineers didn't properly implement SIM writing functionality. Appears to depend on what phone you have or what OS version your phone is running. Even then it can be a lottery.

I wonder are the Android team planning to fix this at any stage? I still have a few dumb phones I use from time to time and being able to keep their SIM cards properly synced with the contacts from my smartphone would be very useful. I thought it would be a basic function that should have worked properly from the start.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've never noticed as I've never used sim contacts, Google only

Advertisement