Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked MacBook palm rest repair

Options
  • 09-04-2011 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I think it's been mentioned before I just wanted to let ye know about a good customer service experience I had this week.

The palm rest on my 3 1/2 year old Macbook was starting to crack along with two other cracks at the top of the bezel around the screen. I emailed a local Cork Apple repair centre who, after checking the serial number then said that Apple would cover it for a free repair. I dropped it in yesterday morning at about 10:30 and it was ready for collection by 15:00. Absolutely perfect with a whole new keyboard, palm rest and bezel. Looks like new!

PM me if you want the details. BTW, I have no connection, just the tip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

silverwood wrote: »
    I think it's been mentioned before I just wanted to let ye know about a good customer service experience I had this week.

The palm rest on my 3 1/2 year old Macbook was starting to crack along with two other cracks at the top of the bezel around the screen. I emailed a local Cork Apple repair centre who, after checking the serial number then said that Apple would cover it for a free repair. I dropped it in yesterday morning at about 10:30 and it was ready for collection by 15:00. Absolutely perfect with a whole new keyboard, palm rest and bezel. Looks like new!

Same experience this week myself but with Compub in Dublin. Dropped MB in @ about 2.30 and was ready by 5. They had pre-ordered the part for me a few days earlier. MB like new now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

silverwood wrote: »

Who repaired it for you? Mine has the same issue and would like to get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

ryanmatty wrote: »
    Who repaired it for you? Mine has the same issue and would like to get it fixed.

Stream Solutions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Had the same exeperience with Mactivate in Blanchardstown

Great Communication and great service, done in 15mins

Excellent

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,827 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I went into CompuB in Limerick almost two weeks ago and they said they had about 50 machines to repair and I would have to leave my MacBook in with them for a few days.
    Getting it done in GalMac in Galway instead...

• Advertisement
Advertisement