Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christianity and the roman catholic church

Options
  • 09-04-2011 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

It stills amazes me how we let the catholic church dictate so much what happens in this country. Well, even looking at the property they hold while maintaining vows of poverty...

When you look at the history of christianity, it really is like the last determined effort of the failing roman empire to impose some kind of centralized dominance.

Sorry should check, but off the top of my head it was the 4th-5th century Constanine christianity that set things into motion, with regard to writing and a determined evangelisation and missionary conversion policy.

To this day it remains. I have heard rumours that the vatican site was built upon the sacrifice of childrens' bones?

If anybody had theories about the origins and development of christianity, and specifically the roman catholicsm can they tell?

I don't know if this is ok to ask, but I would really like to hear the most 'wackiest and out there' stuff, without it getting into a 'prove it' war from the usual suspects. It would just be interesting to hear various viewpoints and theories no matter how off the wall they may be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

The catholic chruch is one of the weathiest establishments on earth and they won't part with a penny until they're dragged through the courts..
    They put me in mind of Fianna Fail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Darlughda wrote: »

If anybody had theories about the origins and development of christianity, .

They found out people could be controlled by getting them to be sorry by feeling remorse , so they get people to be sorry for being alive , sorry for being joyful , and then become miserable , thats what they want , you to be sorry and miserable .
    The name jesus christ is an old curse word , people cursed the devil by calling him that name .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

policarp wrote: »
    The catholic chruch is one of the weathiest establishments on earth and they won't part with a penny until they're dragged through the courts..
    They put me in mind of Fianna Fail...
    espinolman wrote: »
    They found out people could be controlled by getting them to be sorry by feeling remorse , so they get people to be sorry for being alive , sorry for being joyful , and then become miserable , thats what they want , you to be sorry and miserable .
    The name jesus christ is an old curse word , people cursed the devil by calling him that name .

Folks, thanks for your posts. But I know this already.
    Now, any stuff on how they made it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bitter

The CC was & is a pox on Irish Life as a whole. Until Irish people say enough is enough then the Vatican will always have it's greedy hands in Ireland. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

It stills amazes me how we let the catholic church dictate so much what happens in this country. Well, even looking at the property they hold while maintaining vows of poverty...

When you look at the history of christianity, it really is like the last determined effort of the failing roman empire to impose some kind of centralized dominance.

Sorry should check, but off the top of my head it was the 4th-5th century Constanine christianity that set things into motion, with regard to writing and a determined evangelisation and missionary conversion policy.

To this day it remains. I have heard rumours that the vatican site was built upon the sacrifice of childrens' bones?

If anybody had theories about the origins and development of christianity, and specifically the roman catholicsm can they tell?

I don't know if this is ok to ask, but I would really like to hear the most 'wackiest and out there' stuff, without it getting into a 'prove it' war from the usual suspects. It would just be interesting to hear various viewpoints and theories no matter how off the wall they may be.

More Catholic bashing:rolleyes:

A) No Catholic, nevermind the whole church, is trying to dictate anything.
    B) You do not have to take a vow of poverty to be Catholic.
    C) The Catholic Church is not trying to "impose some kind of centralized dominance". What makes you think we are?
    D)Not sure what you're on about there wrt Constantine. Jesus "set things in motion", as you put it. He was the first Catholic.
    E) The Vatican site being built on childrens bones? Where does this sh1te come from? It is built on the grave of St. Peter, the first pope, ordained by Jesus. You can still visit his grave.
    F) The origins of Christianity are in the Bible. Short version: First there were pagans, then Jews, then Christians (Catholics), then all other types of Christians, then Muslims. All of these religions are related and one led on from the other.
    G) When you ask about Christianity, then say "specifically Roman Catholicism", Roman catholicism is only the name given to original Christianity by non-Roman Catholics. Catholicism IS Christianity.

FFS a bit of research wouldnt have went astray before you posted that post. Even the new breed of "Irish-athiest-cos-its-cool-to-be-athiest-now" athiest could have told you everything I've written above.

As for wierd stuff, what about the supernatural stuff that only happens to Catholics, the dozens of bodies of saints that never rotted, stigmata, predictions, or the apparations all over the place!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padre_Pio
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_F%C3%A1tima
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_La_Salette
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1fCcZBr9I

Read these things, look at the pictures! This is just a tiny fraction of the links out there! Watch the youtube clips, the people sync praying, the walking backward, the heads cracked back! Feel freaked out, because to be honest, this IS freaky, even for Catholics! The supernatural IS real, it exists, make no mistake about it! And Catholicism is the instructions God gave us as to how to survive earthly death and live a happy life in the next world. Nothing more, nothing less. Ignore it at your own risk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

every half wit on the planet is anti-Catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bitter

newmug wrote: »

C) The Catholic Church is not trying to "impose some kind of centralized dominance". What makes you think we are?
    D)Not sure what you're on about there wrt Constantine. Jesus "set things in motion", as you put it. He was the first Catholic.
    E) The Vatican site being built on childrens bones? Where does this sh1te come from? It is built on the grave of St. Peter, the first pope, ordained by Jesus. You can still visit his grave.
    F) The origins of Christianity are in the Bible. Short version: First there were pagans, then Jews, then Christians (Catholics), then all other types of Christians, then Muslims. All of these religions are related and one led on from the other.
    G) When you ask about Christianity, then say "specifically Roman Catholicism", Roman catholicism is only the name given to original Christianity by non-Roman Catholics. Catholicism IS Christianity.

FFS a bit of research wouldnt have went astray before you posted that post. Even the new breed of "Irish-athiest-cos-its-cool-to-be-athiest-now" athiest could have told you everything I've written above.

As for wierd stuff, what about the supernatural stuff that only happens to Catholics, the dozens of bodies of saints that never rotted, stigmata, predictions, or the apparations all over the place!

Read these things, look at the pictures! This is just a tiny fraction of the links out there! Watch the youtube clips, the people sync praying, the walking backward, the heads cracked back! Feel freaked out, because to be honest, this IS freaky, even for Catholics! The supernatural IS real, it exists, make no mistake about it! And Catholicism is the instructions God gave us as to how to survive earthly death and live a happy life in the next world. Nothing more, nothing less. Ignore it at your own risk.

Is no meat on fridays one of those instructions ?

Newmug, why don't you feck off, everypoint on your franky nonsense criteria can be refuted, and get away from derailing the purpose of this thread, that is not what this thread is about, and Rabble Rabble that goes for you too.
    Not interested in yer brainwashed bollíx. Try the christianity forum for yer sermons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Folks, thanks for your posts. But I know this already.
    Now, any stuff on how they made it happen?

Various CT researchers propose that Christianity is just an updated version of a story which has been used as the core of many religions over the centuries.

The first Zeitgeist movie took a lot of this information and presented it as only a Zeitgeist movie can. Which lead to the information itself being denounced as it was now linked to the wishy washy idealism of the Zietgeist movement, which itself can often seem like a different version of the control system it's seemingly out to destroy... or possibly rebrand but I digress.

Essentially the basic motifs of Christianity, such as the Son born to a virgin on the 25 of December who dies for our sins etc has been lifted from other religions which at different intervils in history have used these motifs as the basis of their faiths.

Essentially Jesus = horus = mithra = krishna = dionysus etc...

Broadly speaking it is also proposed that Christianity like most religions is based on ancient solar cultism, the fact that the Son born to a virgin mother usually has 12 followers or desciples is thought to be linked to the 12 signs of the zodiac and the Son (or Sun) which makes 13.

Essentially all religions are prisons for the mind, Christainity is no different to any that came before it or that it currently coexists with.

I myself believe that spirituality is something which can only work on an indvidual level. The structure of religious institutions and their strict dogmatic approach to spirirtuality should be proof enough of their complete detachment from the spiritual development of humanity and these facts should also highlight the fact that religion is as Marx said the opium of the masses, not that communism is something to be used as an example of moral fortitude in opposition to religion.

I'll try to remember some more stuff and post again, just going off the top of my head right now.

newmug wrote: »

Re highlighted text:
    I'd recomend that you look up the work of a man called Michael Talbot who discussed (prior to his death) the possiblity of our universe being a holographic illusion.
    There was a set of youtube videos around not too long ago in which he discusses these topics which tend to brush off all sorts of subjects including things like stigmata and other strange phenomena of religious interst.
    You may well find it interesting.

• Advertisement

Nullzero,

I grew up as a traditional Irish Catholic and then in my 20's went full on into paganism. I have an idea of the lies the Church spiel, but I am curious if there is any tradition in ancient rome where christianity grew out of from the 4th Century that heralded this change. and why?

Incidentally, although I consider myself an atheist nowadays, I do believe we live in a matrix, and we are immortal beings...

Newmug, why don't you feck off, everypoint on your franky nonsense criteria can be refuted, and get away from derailing the purpose of this thread, that is not what this thread is about, and Rabble Rabble that goes for you too.
    Not interested in yer brainwashed bollíx. Try the christianity forum for yer sermons.

Ool, I am not a believer. just pointing out that anti-Catholics are half-wits.

( I love being admonished on the retard forum. frankly I am only in here to see how things function at the sub-90 IQ level. Not very well, as it happens)

Nullzero,

I grew up as a traditional Irish Catholic and then in my 20's went full on into paganism. I have an idea of the lies the Church spiel, but I am curious if there is any tradition in ancient rome where christianity grew out of from the 4th Century that heralded this change. and why?

Incidentally, although I consider myself an atheist nowadays, I do believe we live in a matrix, and we are immortal beings...

BahHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

A f*cking Pagan. A f*ckING PAGAN is criticising Christianity but he believes in some kind of "matrix". And eternal life.

This is what happens at the lower than 80 IQ, it appears. The hatred of Christianity but the love of "spirituality" and eternal life. The kind of moron who wouldnt have questioned a jot of Christianity about 40 years ago is now their greatest detractors.

nullzero wrote: »

Essentially Jesus = horus = mithra = krishna = dionysus etc...

FFS. Jesus comes from the Judaic tradition. So unimportant is December the 25th that the most radical of Christians, the bug-eyed morons of the English Protestant revolution banned it. It has no theological relevance whatsoever.

Ool, I am not a believer. just pointing out that anti-Catholics are half-wits.

( I love being admonished on the retard forum. frankly I am only in here to see how things function at the sub-90 IQ level. Not very well, as it happens)

Do you think you are either funny or superior to the people here on this forum?

Frankly speaking, I must say that anybody who has a problem with a questioning of what is considered catholicsm, is somebody I cannot frankly remark on their IQ level without incurring a ban from this forum. (I apologise for the big words, being outwith yer ken as they must be).

Lucky for you for now.
    I must say though, your post illustrates how lacking in ability you are to understand the world at its most basic levels. There is help out there for that.

There are hundred of books on the establishment of Christianity - none of them are for the kind of moron who festers here though. Try looking up Amazon you twat.

FFS, as an atheist nothing bugs me more than atheism has become common - if atheism is common then the common become atheists. In short, morons.

So stupid is the OP he cant actually read a book, and there are hundreds on the early Christianity - the vatican is apparently "built on the bones of children" ( its built upon a Roman amphitheatre, you sun educated twathead)

that is the remedial level of stupidity that the halfwit modern atheist inhabits. Disgrace.

Nullzero,

It's hard to say that any one tradition would have been the root you're looking for.
    Ancient Roman civilisation grew to encapsulate all sorts of traditions. Ancient Rome itself would have also come from older traditions from other locations notably ancient Greece etc...
    Essentially all ancient post deluvian history can be traced back to the Sumarian and Ubaid cultures.
    Interestingly it is proposed by some researchers that these civilisations which are commonly seen as the cradle of modern society may well themselves have been influenced by earlier unrecorded civilisations which were informed by beliefs identical to Druidism which originates from this part of the world. The connections between this country and ancient Egypt are particularly fascinating.
    Michael Tsarion has done some brilliant work on the subject.

I wish I could say group X did such and such in Rome in the 4th century, however it seems that the catholic church was just seen as the most efficient vehicle for the proliferation of religious tyrany at a time where the Roman empire's influence was on the wane.
    Esentially I would say that the Catholic church was just a rebranding of the Roman empire. Perhaps they saw the opportunity to be able to control through religious doctrine as oppossed to force which was a costly method.

FFS. Jesus comes from the Judaic tradition. So unimportant is December the 25th that the most radical of Christians, the bug-eyed morons of the English Protestant revolution banned it. It has no theological relevance whatsoever.

Are you for real?

You've obviously done no research and you accuse me of being stupid?
    25 of December refers to the sun cycle.
    the 21st is the shortest day of the year, the 25 is when the days begin to get longer, hence the Sun is born.

I think I am far superior to the average poster on thie forum, yes, so would most of the general board members.
    Frankly speaking, I must say that anybody who has a problem with a questioning of what is considered catholicsm, is somebody I cannot frankly remark on their IQ level without incurring a ban from this forum. (I apologise for the big words, being outwith yer ken as they must be).

What big words do you think you are using here. If you want to know about warly Christianity read a book.
    Lucky for you for now.
    I must say though, your post illustrates how lacking in ability you are to understand the world at its most basic levels. There is help out there for that.

Really? I merely point out that instead of asking the moron forum for advice you read a book, preferably of some kind on university stadnard.

Your stupidity runs so deep, your ignorance so vast you have no clue what the vatican was founded on. There is little or no point getting into discussions on the life of Jesus, or Paul or the architectural record about Ephesus, or the disputed dead sea scrolls here I take it - the well of utter stupidity runs deep

BahHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

A f*cking Pagan. A f*ckING PAGAN is criticising Christianity but he believes in some kind of "matrix". And eternal life.

This is what happens at the lower than 80 IQ, it appears. The hatred of Christianity but the love of "spirituality" and eternal life. The kind of moron who wouldnt have questioned a jot of Christianity about 40 years ago is now their greatest detractors.

Talk about assumption.
    So 40 years ago I wouldn't have questioned Christianity?
    What sort of crap are you spouting?
    You must really want to get banned, the way you're going you won't just get a CT (or Retard as you put it) forum ban, you'll possibly get a site ban for good measure.

• Advertisement

You silly rabble character you are about to get banned and use the time to read up about what you claim to know about, foolish boy!

Not a fan of Michael Tsaerison, I have to say, Creeps me out, and more than that he seems to have a weird agenda.

Nonetheless, there are questions regarding the Mithraic tradition and links from the Tsarion research that I would not dismiss.

I think I am far superior to the average poster on thie forum, yes, so would most of the general board members.

What big words do you think you are using here. If you want to know about warly Christianity read a book.

Really? I merely point out that instead of asking the moron forum for advice you read a book, preferably of some kind on university stadnard.

Your stupidity runs so deep, your ignorance so vast you have no clue what the vatican was founded on. There is little or no point getting into discussions on the life of Jesus, or Paul or the architectural record about Ephesus, or the disputed dead sea scrolls here I take it - the well of utter stupidity runs deep

Maybe he would like to discuss those things if you asked him politely instead of assuming he's stupid.
    You also do not speak for the majority of boards members when you take it upon yourself to personally abuse people with no good reason.

Are you for real?

You've obviously done no research and you accuse me of being stupid?

Research? Do you think that reading a few internet sites for morons is "research"
    25 of December refers to the sun cycle.
    the 21st is the shortest day of the year,

NO!!!! Seriously. F* ck me with stick.
    the 25 is when the days begin to get longer, hence the Sun is born.

The 25th is 3 days after the days get longer. It is the solstice in the 3rd century, though.

But none of that is mentioned in the bible, or in Christian theology you half wit. Christmas is a later addition, it can be removed from Christian teleogy without any effect on the theology.

Every sub -educated moron on the world has worked out that Christmas was borrowed from pagan traditions but Christmas is not essential to Christianity, which is why some christians - the more "faithful to the text" - Christians banned it. Read a history book.

Maybe he would like to discuss those things if you asked him politely instead of assuming he's stupid.
    You also do not speak for the majority of boards members when you take it upon yourself to personally abuse people with no good reason.

Err are you talking to me Nullzero?

Err are you talking to me Nullzero?

Nope,I was talking to that Rabble character, the quoting on some of these posts is all over the place.

. I leave you with this:

If the Papists are running the place how come the Lizards are really running the place? And if the Lizards are running the place how come they let the Aliens run the place? And the Aliens run the place, why do they let the illuminati and the Jews runs the place with their time machines? And the Jews, why do they let the British Empire run the place? And the British, why do they let the Papists run the place...

oh, we are back. Hole in the bucket...

Feck this I am off to sleep.

Research? Do you think that reading a few internet sites for morons is "research"

NO!!!! Seriously. F* ck me with stick.

The 25th is 3 days after the days get longer. It is the solstice in the 3rd century, though.

But none of that is mentioned in the bible, or in Christian theology you half wit. Christmas is a later addition, it can be removed from Christian teleogy without any effect on the theology.

Every sub -educated moron on the world has worked out that Christmas was borrowed from pagan traditions but Christmas is not essential to Christianity, which is why some christians - the more "faithful to the text" - Christians banned it. Read a history book.

When did I say christmas wasn't borrowed from paganism?
    What I said included that, although I didn't feel the need to spell it out as I'm sure most people here would at least meet the standard of "sub education moron".

. I leave you with this:

If the Papists are running the place how come the Lizards are really running the place? And if the Lizards are running the place how come they let the Aliens run the place? And the Aliens run the place, why do they let the illuminati and the Jews runs the place with their time machines? And the Jews, why do they let the British Empire run the place? And the British, why do they let the Papists run the place...

oh, we are back. Hole in the bucket...

Feck this I am off to sleep.

You're far too clever for us I'm afraid, you've got it all figured out and we're just labouring in your intellectual wake.

Oh golly its all gone mad in here! Ilove the CT forum!

Rabblerabble whatever yer name is go to sleep and quit throwing spurious claims over the IQ level over the posters on this forum, considering you are even thinking of defending the catholic church.

Nullzero, I really hope rabble rabble is not your alter ego. But if s/he is do fess now.

Anyway, I am still curious how such a remnant of a roman empire still has its hold today? Is it the result of baby sacrifice or god know what?

• Advertisement

Oh golly its all gone mad in here! Ilove the CT forum!

Rabblerabble whatever yer name is go to sleep and quit throwing spurious claims over the IQ level over the posters on this forum, considering you are even thinking of defending the catholic church.

Nullzero, I really hope rabble rabble is not your alter ego. But if s/he is do fess now.

Anyway, I am still curious how such a remnant of a roman empire still has its hold today? Is it the result of baby sacrifice or god know what?

Seeing he was absuing me as I replied to you I'd be doing well:pac:.
    I'm off to bed myself now, all the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement