Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recently buy a sony x10/pro ?

Options
  • 08-04-2011 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hi ,I've read through various threads and notice that the battery in the x10 and x10 pro can be pretty bad.
    I was wondering if anything has changed lately ,I was thinking of going for the X8 instead if it would be more reliable. But I really like the idea of the keyboard on the x10 pro.

Any help would be appreciated ,I'm not necessarily stuck on getting a sony. I was hoping to get something for occasional email and boards use.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

There are now custom roms popping up for the x10s which will significantly improve battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Thanks for that. I was hoping to go for the pro ,thought the batteries were faulty or something.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

What about Desire Z? That has a good keyboard and far superior to X10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I have the X8, got instead of X10 Pro for price and am very happy with it TBH.

Touch screen keyboard takes some getting used to but it doesn't get in the way after a while.

I moved to it from an Xperia X1 with a real keyboard and adjusted pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Friend has an x10 mini pro and I thought the keyboard was horrid. Way too small and I have small fingers . I actually resorted to using onscreen keyboard. It was faster in the end.

• Advertisement

Got the X10 pro today and happy enough with it ,I find the keys handy enough to work with.
    Using opera for browsing and it seems to suit the small screen better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Its more a case of if you use the internet a lot expect the battery to drop.

Used the phone a good bit for the last couple of hours over WIFI ,downloading apps and running googlemaps etc. I'm suprised at the quality of it ,quite like it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I get 2 days out of my battery now with general use on 3g, just under a day using it a lot with occassional wifi. Rooted but still with stock rom. (Only rooted so I could move apps to SD and use Titanium Backup). I find the little keyboard fine, I must have dainty hands!

Its decent enough for the money, I will probably get a bigger screened phone when I upgrade but happy enough with my x10 mini pro too (when I got one that wasn't a dud)

I've started using a program called battery doctor and it's handy for charging the battery properly. Battery is lasting longer since I've charged with it.

It seems that if you don't turn off everything on the phone ,it never actually charges properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    I've started using a program called battery doctor and it's handy for charging the battery properly. Battery is lasting longer since I've charged with it.

It seems that if you don't turn off everything on the phone ,it never actually charges properly.

Disappointing, to say the least, that SE are done with the mini and pro as far as updating to 2.3 or at least 2.2. We are stuck with 2.1 if we don't want a custom ROM

Might give that battery doc a go, don't like task killers but I will use the charge option to see if theres any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

The reason they wont be giving you anything more than 2.1 is that with the x10, mini pro & mini they coded almost every packet of the firmware so it just takes too much work to keep up with the updates. but for the new handsets ARC, PLAY & NEO its a pretty standard android firmware with a spruced up SE skin

Advertisement