Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation: Brookfield or The Village...or Deans Hall

Options
  • 08-04-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

It's looking likely i'll be studying commerce and french in ucc next year so just a question on accommodation.
    i'm stuck between Brookfield or the Village, can't decide which one is better and also Deans Hall (parents think it is best of the three) just wondering if anyone can recommend either of the three places..
    name some pros and cons maybe?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

BROOKFIELD
    Lots of first years.
    Cheapest of the three.
    Hear management are pr!cks.

VILLAGE
    Lots of first years.
    Dearer than Brookfield.
    Hear they don't mind having people over.

DEANS HALL
    €100 extra charge for internet:mad:.
    Dull atmosphere.
    Parents obviously heard it could be a social life killer & then decide that to be they're favourite.

Planning on Brokfield meself from what i've heard from friends there seems a good laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 babsgirl

what accomodation would be nearest to the p.e building?:)
    thinking of brookfield but not so sure?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lydsom

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    VILLAGE
    Lots of first years.
    Dearer than Brookfield.
    Hear they don't mind having people over.

i've heard the village are really strict on visitors no?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Exuberant

I live in DeansHall this year. Great spot in my own opinion. So close to town and Washington Street so it's right handy for clubs and pubs. I live in a 3 person apartment and I only have to share a bathroom with one person (the other girl has an ensuite). Our living space between the 3 of us is the same size as the living space for people living in the 5 bedroomed apartments.

Internet does not cost 100 euro. It's free, but not great. Youtube is really slow but besides from that it's fine like. You can pay for upgrade packs though. However, it definitely does not cost 100 euro.

Security are always grand with me and my friends really. They are reasonable as long as you're not unreasonable!

Overall, nice spot, near town, near college, good for sessions. I loved my accommodation this year!

Advertisement