Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dylan Noob

Options
  • 08-04-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I heard Rainy Day Woman #12 and #35 last night on the radio (Nova) for the first time in a long long time and had forgotten how good the song was.

Not previously been a Dylan fan, but I think I could be converted. Is Blonde on Blonde his best work? Any other recommendations?

Muppet Man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

well start with bringing it all back home, highway 61 revisited, blonde on blonde and blood on the tracks. They are generally regarded as his best albums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Tbh just get his entire discography pre-2000s and find what you like yourself. It's all quality, it just depends on what you yourself are subjectively looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The ones I always go back to are...

The Freewheelin
    Bringing It All Back Home
    Highway 61 Revisited
    Desire
    Oh Mercy
    Blood on The Tracks
    Time out Of Mind
    Love & Theft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

I'd love to be able to explore Dylan from scratch again- Try some of his live stuff to get a good summary. Rolling thunder revue or Live at Budokan for an alternative take on familiar songs. Also some of the newest albums are just class even though not played on radio. Theres plenty of tips or pointers here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056079875

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Thats great folks... thanks for the advice! Plenty to check out there...

• Advertisement
Advertisement