Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011 COMPETITION: Round 2-Malaysia

Options
  • 08-04-2011 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭

Rules as usual: Entries must be submitted before the start of qualifying, no excptions. Results at the end of the race stand.
    Any drivers not within the 107% time will be deemed not to have qualified. A race will be declared wet if any driver switches to non dry tyres.

Also, just to clarify, if you missed the first round you can of course still enter this (or any other) round.

5 votes - 1 in each section 210 votes

Winner: Webber - 30 points
    0%
    Winner: Vettel - 40 points
    4%
    rameireFirewalkwithmeVegetaIrishshinfrostie500IM0BoardsRangerdelta720Stevegeraghty 9 votes
    Winner: Hamilton - 60 points
    8%
    Slutmonkey57bDe Hipster[Deleted User]muckwarriorrecyclebinlord lucanEvilMonkeyfatgavGrim.thewheel2.0Cookie_MonsterkeithohRayMTop Dogthesham001FREDNISMOpedro6105hoodwinked 18 votes
    Winner: Alonso - 70 points
    5%
    Dont be at yourselfTheFatvectraBobby04Charlie-BravoGhost TrainwobblesSparks43SitecedgycupcakedanShay Vader 12 votes
    Winner: Any other driver - 50 points
    1%
    dor83LuckyCharmsLEINIron Hide 4 votes
    *Either HRT to qualify: Yes - 10 points
    4%
    LucutusstevenmukaizersozeamacachismellslikeshoeslosthorizonBuzzFishproulxIm Only 71Kg 9 votes
    *Either HRT to qualify: No - 10 points
    10%
    rameireDe HipsterstevenmukaizersozeamacachiFirewalkwithmemuckwarriorVegetasmellslikeshoesGhost Trainfrostie500IM0LEINBoardsRangerRayMTop Dogdelta720edgylosthorizonStevegeraghty 23 votes
    **Sauber Vs Williams: Sauber - 10 points
    13%
    LucutusDont be at yourselfTheFatSlutmonkey57bvectra[Deleted User]Bobby04dor83recyclebinlord lucanCharlie-BravoEvilMonkeyIrishshinfatgavwobblesGrim.thewheel2.0Cookie_MonsterLuckyCharmskeithoh 29 votes
    **Sauber Vs Williams: Willams - 10 points
    16%
    LucutusSlutmonkey57brameirevectrastevenmu[Deleted User]Bobby04dor83recyclebinsmellslikeshoeslord lucanCharlie-BravoEvilMonkeyGhost TrainwobblesGrim.thewheel2.0Cookie_MonsterLuckyCharmsRayM 35 votes
    ***Wet Race: Yes - 10 points
    7%
    Dont be at yourselfTheFatDe HipsterkaizersozeamacachiFirewalkwithmemuckwarriorVegetaIrishshinfatgavfrostie500IM0keithohBoardsRangerdelta720losthorizon 16 votes
    ***Wet Race: No - 10 points
    20%
    LucutusDont be at yourselfTheFatSlutmonkey57brameireDe HipstervectrastevenmukaizersozeamacachiBobby04Firewalkwithmedor83muckwarriorVegetasmellslikeshoeslord lucanCharlie-BravoEvilMonkeyIrishshin 43 votes
    ****18 Finishers or more - 10 Points
    3%
    recyclebinkeithohSitecedgythesham001Im Only 71Kgpedro6105 7 votes
    ****17 Finishers or less - 10 Points
    2%
    stevenmukeithohBoardsRangerSitecthesham001 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Found picking a winner really difficult there. Button was well on the pace this morning but you cant ignore Webber and Vettel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Increased pit stops and chance of rain makes this a real toughie.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

To clarify: IF HRT finish outside 107% but are allowed in by the other teams what does that count as? (however unlikely it is to happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

To clarify: IF HRT finish outside 107% but are allowed in by the other teams what does that count as? (however unlikely it is to happen)

Hmm, good point.

I think 107% would be the clearest definition. If they don't make that then they'll be deemed not to have qualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

What time does the poll close?

I will have the spreadsheet ready and attach it to a post when it ends

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    What time does the poll close?

I will have the spreadsheet ready and attach it to a post when it ends

Unfortunately you can't set a time for the poll to close, but all entries must be in before the start of qualifying. As soon as quali it starts, you can make the spreadsheet.

Poll Test

Can anyone see this link through Google Docs?

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5rJLhvNOn2jNjQ4MDk4MmItMzYyZS00NjVmLWIwYjQtMWQwZmViYTNkNDUx&hl=en

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

****17 Finishers or less - 10 Points

I get a link to, and can download, an XLR file if that's what you mean? Can't view the contents of the file through google docs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Same as stevenmu

Weird

But once you can view the file thats ok as i can post the link with the results

I only use the works spreadsheet but it will do the job for what its needed for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

.xlr opens in excel.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    .xlr opens in excel.

True but i cannot upload it as an attachment on boards as it is not a supported file:mad:

And i do not have Excel on the Computer to change the file with opens as:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

True but i cannot upload it as an attachment on boards as it is not a supported file:mad:

And i do not have Excel on the Computer to change the file with opens as:confused:

Open Office will do that for you, free to download, it's just like Office really:

http://www.openoffice.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Feck, I forgot to vote on the wet race option :o. I'm easy if you dont count it but I vote yes on the wet race option.

Feck, I forgot to vote on the wet race option :o. I'm easy if you dont count it but I vote yes on the wet race option.

i will include it in the sheet m8

No worries. It's ok post your vote in the thread if you make a mistake in the poll.

Ommisions

Fiscus Missed the wet race poll

Damo9090 Missed the Finishers poll

Losthorizon updated

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Missed Round 1 but glad I caught this on time. Hope my predictions are, well, right!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Button will win and I think I should get bonus points when he does. :pac:

Upload poll test

45 in so far with an hour and a bit to go

When Q1 starts i will open the list on the poll and double check everything

If your names not on the poll at that time then i wont add you to the sheet

So post your selections on the thread and throw yourself at the mercy of the mighty muckwarrior:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I never did the competitions before, always missed out on the deadlines so should have an added excitment for this weekend's race!

Picked Webber for the win mainly becuase he will be supremly motivated to make up for his performance in Australia....and to make up for gifting the win in Malaysia to Vettel last season. Each of the leading drivers have positives for this race, and the ANY OTHER DRIVER entry was very appealing.

Button will be strong if it is changable conditions and with the tyre's looking much less durable in the race a driver outside the top ten, starting on the prime tyres, could be in with a great shot of winning. Someone, like Mercedes, might do what they can to qualify outside the top ten and start on fresh primes and have four sets of fresh tyres available for the four stints of a three stop race. With the DRS likely to offer overtaking opportunities a team with fresh rubber all the way through a race could potentially be really dangerous in the race!

I think that Liuzzi could make it onto the grid, he was pretty close to making it in Australia which was probably the most impressive performance in qualifying in Melbourne and I know that he has had more issues this weekend but I have faith in Tonio!

Picked Williams to beat Sauber because I was actually impressed by the pace of the Williams in Melbourne and cant see Rubens making another pigs ear of a race! The Williams was actually quite fast in the race but it was clearly overshadowed by the a shoddy Barrichello performance. The Sauber was obviously very impressive and Perez looks to be adapting really well and if its wet he could have another super race, not to mention Koyboyashi as well!

I picked a wet race, I take it that this means if rain falls at any stage in the race? Mainly did this because we've had no rain so this weekend and you'd obviously take the odds that there would be some rain in Sepang!

17 finishers or less, I dont think that Narain Karthikeyan(or however its spelt!) will qualify so with 23 drivers on the grid and the reliability woes of practice I think that theres a good chance of 6 retirements in the race, especially since I think it's going to rain!

Competition closed. No further entries will be accepted.

Competition closed. No further entries will be accepted.

52 Entries Please double check your selections as this is the Final sheet for tomorrows race

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

52 Entries Please double check your selections as this is the Final sheet for tomorrows race

Enjoy

Great work! Though in the Sauber versus Williams I actually chose Williams sadly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Crap completely forgot to do this.

Great work! Though in the Sauber versus Williams I actually chose Williams sadly :mad:

Still a race to be run m8

Anything can happen in F1 and it usually does:D

Im happy with the way the sheet worked out,I have done a few trial runs with random results and it worked well.

Expect the results in about 2 weeks time:D

Only joking 5 mins after the race ends :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Great work Sparks! Have to say, only 7 out of the 50 people vote for a dry race - All of us 43 people holding our breath wondering when, not if, the rain will fall! Thouroughly looking forward to the race - love these 9am race-offs!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

I will have a sorted list in a few minutes

Having a little argument with open office:mad:

Edit:Its turning into a full out war

ALIAS Points
    Sparks43 20
    amacachi 30
    astrofluff 20
    bamboozling 0
    BFassassin 0
    Boardsranger 10