Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Orals

Options
  • 08-04-2011 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

How did it go? I think i should have gotten 30 for my roleplay but she didnt ask me anything i learnt for the general conversation. I hope i did ok. I think it would have had to have been disastrous to not pass it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

oh my god it was horrible... i had french two days ago and i couldn't stop thinking in french!! nothing id prepared came up, i ended up repeating myself loads and had to keep apologising when french came out.. eeeeek i burst into tears after i felt so stupid!! whooopss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Pharmanimal

Just curious, how did none of your prepared stuff "come up"?

Isn't the impetus on you to bring it into the convo? I can't think of a scenario in which I couldn't dominate the topic of discussion.

What kind of questions were you asked?

Just curious, how did none of your prepared stuff "come up"?

Isn't the impetus on you to bring it into the convo? I can't think of a scenario in which I couldn't dominate the topic of discussion.

What kind of questions were you asked?

well i guess i had prepared too much so it was never all going to come up but i had done badly in my mock oral because i get so so nervous and felt i had to do SOMETHING to try and overcome the nerves. like i love spanish it is one of my favourite subjects and i was kind of hoping to do well in it.. i panicked i guess.. and didnt say things i should have said to steer the conversation. i could tell you all about the economic crisis, what i think of nuclear energy etc if i was talking to you now but having to lead the conversation towards those topics under pressure kills me!

oh and there's the whole french thing. this time last week i could hold up a spanish conversation fine, couldn't speak a word of french. today it was all french, french, french...

my examiner didn't go past the basic questions.. which i hate.. i like the more difficult ones where they don't expect as much of you so you can impress them. and he did this with everyone, there's a girl in my year who is practically fluent and she didn't get asked about even one abstract topic which kind of annoyed her..

i sound like im making excuses, i know i don't deserve a good mark after that performance but we'll see.. hopefully i can bring up my grade with the written paper!

how did yours go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Pharmanimal

Doing it Monday. Got full marks in my mock, so the only way I can go is down :P

Doing it Monday. Got full marks in my mock, so the only way I can go is down :P

fairplay.. just in your oral I'm presuming? what'd you get in the written/aural?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

Thats terrible. My examiner went completly off toppic! If you told her about what you want to do next year she'd go off in a tagent asking "whats there to do in your city" :confused: .Nothing i learnt came up either and i did really well in my mock. She was really unprofessional though. Her phone went off in the middle of an oral and the poor girl doing it lost her composure altogether! If it was our phone they would have to have called the department! I dont get it at all :confused: Now im screwed for irish because i have spanish drilled into my head and so does everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Help with the role plays for the Spanish oral here....

http://spanishgrindsonline.drupalgardens.com/content/35-leaving-cert-oral-role-plays

Advertisement