Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 3 2011

Options
  • 08-04-2011 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Back for another week with a belter at the G later tonight. Should be a great game but can't look past Collingwood for the win.

I'll be at West Coast v Sydney tomorrow so looking forward to that. My work has just taken over as the Eagles joint major sponsor so we've a few players coming in today for a chat.

Wonder if we'll see a draw for the third successive round.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

good stuff xavi! whats the hype like for the teams in Perth these days? A glimmer of hope back for the weagles and are Freo still the outside shot for the West?

Regardless of form, the Sydney games for the past 7/8 years have always been great, so hopefully more of the same this weekend. I'm just waiting on ESPN to show a live Eagles game to see a full game of theirs rather than highlights and what I can get off the internet.

and at last, I changed my fantasy team!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

bruschi wrote: »
    good stuff xavi! whats the hype like for the teams in Perth these days? A glimmer of hope back for the weagles and are Freo still the outside shot for the West?

It's pretty good at moment, especially with the great start the Eagles have made. Spoke with Callum Wilson and Chris Masten today and both were in good form. They love the 25 year anniversary jumper and would like to have it worn more often. Couldn't agree more!

Freo are expecting to play finals again, and they probably should. Huge milestone for Pavlich this weekend as he becomes their record games holder. Both the Eagles and Dockers have some serious young talent so once they keep persisting with that it should be a decent few years for WA football.

(now watch as the Eagles get a spanking tomorrow :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's pretty good at moment, especially with the great start the Eagles have made. Spoke with Callum Wilson and Chris Masten today and both were in good form. They love the 25 year anniversary jumper and would like to have it worn more often. Couldn't agree more!

Freo are expecting to play finals again, and they probably should. Huge milestone for Pavlich this weekend as he becomes their record games holder. Both the Eagles and Dockers have some serious young talent so once they keep persisting with that it should be a decent few years for WA football.

(now watch as the Eagles get a spanking tomorrow :o)

Good stuff Xavi, Masten should really be a player that steps up as a leader of the Eagles midfield over the next year, hasn't quite happened for him yet.

Another handy one for Collingwood today, the juggernaut rolls on :D

Watching Freo against Adelaide and the Crows have been shocking off the boot, especially in front of goal. Should've been a lot closer games.

Off to Subi now anyway for big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Interesting weekend, with Essendon's thumping of the Saints the stand-out result. Collingwood are the class of the competition but the next 8 or 9 sides are fairly evenly matched, which should make for an interesting season. It looks like Gold Coast will be targeting the games against Port and Brisbane as their best chance of a win.

• Advertisement

Gutted with the Eagles' loss last night. Bottled it completely in the fourth quarter as Sydney kicked the last five goals. We should be 3-0 not 2-1.

Adam Goodes is sensational to watch though, one of the best athletes and footballers around.

Advertisement