Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is i normal for battery to lose 10% of capacity after 3 months

Options
  • 08-04-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

I've had my macbook pro for 3 months now and it says the battery is only 90% of it's max capacity. It says this in the "about this Mac" part and on coconut battery. I usually have the thing connected to the mains ans have gone through 50 charge cycles. I have let it run down to nothing once to see if it would reset the meter thing but no joy. Can you help?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You might need to cycle the battery more than once to get an accurate reading. But 90 percent health after 50 charge cycles is low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭yer man!

Thanks sad professor, i'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

96% after 12 weeks and 157 cycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

I'm on 95% after 497 cycles, not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I wouldnt take these as gospel as my old mabook says its at 95% after 1060 charges.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have you cycled it recently? My battery health took a dive after a recent cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Health Information:
    Cycle count: 456
    Condition: Poor

Story of my Life! :mad:

Advertisement