Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash loading problem...

Options
  • 07-04-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

I have created a flash site that has a lot of seperate images and navigational functionality. The problem that is occuring is a bit bizarre.

Basically it works fine when it is tested offline. However when it is loaded online from the host service and loaded for online viewing it behaves eratically on the initial load i.e. the page loads without some sprites and navigational functionalities. This occurs at random with different results each time.

If the page is refreshed it seems to fix itself, but sometimes this could take more than one refresh.

Is this a common problem? I wonder is it something to do with pre-loading?

Any help on this appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

A full site in Flash? I think that ship has sailed...

Does sound like a pre-load issue, and will almost certainly drive people away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Cheers for reply, I'm not to worried about SEO to be honest it is a portfolio site in beta which I will convert to html, css etc once it is completed.

I'm just wondering why it is not loading up as it should on the first load, it works fine once refreshed.

Advertisement