Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backdoor to doing Arts?

Options
  • 07-04-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I did my leaving cert in 2009 and Arts in UCC was my first choice, but I didn't get the points required (only got 320). I am currently doing Arts in WIT but do not like the course. I was just wondering, falling short of waiting til I'm 23 and applying as a mature student, is there any other way of getting into the Arts course in UCC? A PLC i could do or anything?

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Have you tried contacting the College themselves, they might accept you, or you may have to try applying through the CAO process again. I reckon the only way is via the CAO, at least until you are over 23. It's currently on late entries so there is a fee with the application. I'd say get in contact with UCC first and double check.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

If you dont like the course in Waterford ,what makes you think you will like it in Cork? Its the same course just different location .Id think long and hard about what you really want.Im not being smart ,just sometimes if you dont think it through you might make the wrong choice.
    Anyway I was on the UCC website and they accept those who have a fetac in certain subjects.However ,you could transfer since you are already doing Arts.Though since UCC is a better college with higher entrance expectations ,you would want to be excellent at what you are studying .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cafe.laka

Hi, me again.

No, the Arts course in WIT is completely different. What I want to do in UCC is English and Greek and Roman Civilisation, and perhaps do Philosophy and History in first year. The course in WIT offers nothing like that. In WIT you have Sociology, Psychology, Religion and a couple of languages to choose from. The only reason it was down on my CAO form was because the points were low and I needed to have other options down as a back up plan, but the only course I really want is Arts in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cafe.laka

whoops thought I'd clicked reply, the other message about the courses was for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Hi. Sorry,I didnt realise that.I have never even looked at Waterfords courses.You might be able to transfer.You should ring the college and ask them.The points for UCC have actually come down a lot in recent years.Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement