Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Thing about the Zom-pocalypse?

Options
  • 06-04-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭

We're prepping for our weekly lostzombies.com video shoot and this week's topic is:

What's the best part of a zombie apocalypse? Shoot a video telling us about the good things that have come from the zombie apocalypse.

So -looking for ideas of what the Boardsies think. If/when things go to hell, what would the good parts be? I'm thinking along the lines of no cell phones, etc. People re-evaluate what they really NEED as opposed to what people want.

We also had the thought that perhaps we'd stage some Eco-nuts that are happy people are almost gone so the earth can heal itself, etc.

What ideas do you have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    We're prepping for our weekly lostzombies.com video shoot and this week's topic is:

What's the best part of a zombie apocalypse? Shoot a video telling us about the good things that have come from the zombie apocalypse.

So -looking for ideas of what the Boardsies think. If/when things go to hell, what would the good parts be? I'm thinking along the lines of no cell phones, etc. People re-evaluate what they really NEED as opposed to what people want.

We also had the thought that perhaps we'd stage some Eco-nuts that are happy people are almost gone so the earth can heal itself, etc.

What ideas do you have?
    Interesting idea and site.

The fact is there will be very little about the downfall of society that will be all that pleasant.

All you have to do is look at third world countries to see how the effect of a simple loss of electricity will send us all back to the stone age. Our lifes will suck.

Food production will be unstable and extremely difficult, there will be a very real food crisis that I think will kill off the majority of people long before zombies get to them.

The lack of imported food and no electricity will mean we can't even preserve the food we have.

With a lack of antibiotics a simple cut could very well kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Awwww Scumy yer draggin me down!!! :( You are absolutely right however...

Come on - there has to be SOMEthing good about it.

Friend had the idea that maybe it's a younger kid and he's happy because he can stay up as late as he wants to, he doesn't have to eat his vegetables, and he can play has music as loud as he wants.... as long as the power holds out and the Z's aren't attracted to his loud music. :)

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Awwww Scumy yer draggin me down!!! :( You are absolutely right however...
    It's for your own good, I can't have ye running around like Rambo getting ye're selves killed. :D

Come on - there has to be SOMEthing good about it.
    If your a cruel and inhuman type it will be a great time for you. Those type of people unchecked could quickly gain influence over people and live like kings.

I do think with a good Zeitgeist set up between a community you could end up with a very nice living conditions. You would need to ensure you have the right people on board with real qualifications so that you can maintain a good modern standard of living. It's not that a small group of people couldn't provide for themselves it's just that the skill base is scattered throughout the country.

I think something like a zombie apocalypse does give people a blank slate to start again and create a much more utopian society but you need educated people or it will just turn feudal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

so the post-Zom-Apcoc wont be nice .... but just for laughs, here is my contribution to thread ...

I wont have to worry about my weight going up
    I wont care if my fav TV show gets cancelled
    I will get to shoot people & steal things
    I only have to wash whenever I want
    I wont be counting the days to the next pay cheque
    Fantastic sun-sets (from all the burning crap in the cities)

so the post-Zom-Apcoc wont be nice
    Fantastic sun-sets (from all the burning crap in the cities)

Heh.... LOVE IT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Evonatron

I always have fun playing out the what ifs, whenever I see a film of the same;

There is a round tower for sale around the corner from the house I am living in presently, it has 9 foot thick walls and no windows, the roof has been converted into a garden. Its also has its own well out the back, it has a small wall around the property and is on the market for a million euro. I shall live there rent free and start a lovely community in the grounds, the tower is large enough for an abundance of people, it also over looks the only road entering and leaving the island.

I think this would be perfect to live in. I would think there would be a need to go back to basics as much as possible, which overall could be a good thing. Which means people would be more involved in family life and priorities would change drastically. I think families would instantly revert to man out hunting, protecting the family and the womans role would be at home and maintaining a daily existence.

I think I may have over thought this alot, but I have told my boyfriend the min the post-Zom-Apcoc happens we are straight down to that tower:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

My top 3

Being king of my orgy-freelove cult in my zed-proof tower
    wild animal sex with captive zeds.
    running naked in forests hunting zeds, at one with nature.

bascially the increased sexual options and the nudity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

YOU GET TO KILL PEOPLE WITHOUT REPURCUSSIONS :D:D:D

My Vast array of skills become indespensable, I can build Generators, Radios, Pumps, Houses, Boats, Firearms and Explosives....

Stuff becomes free to those who know where it is and what its for

I become the most eligible batchelor for Miles ;)

did I mention that YOU GET TO KILL PEOPLE

Ok I've got one, no speed limits. I would burn up all available fuel speeding around the country in the flashiest car I could find.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

No more queuing for anything, I'm an impatient man so I'm looking forward to this... although technically there probably won't be anything left to queue for.... ;)

• Advertisement

Lovely... great idea's gang.

I think we may have settled on a rural farmer type - he talks of their trials and tribulations but ends the short video by saying that mankind must stay positive in order to survive. After all - some good can come from all of this - "Why, just this morning I got to shoot my ex-wife right in the head... and I'm even pretty sure she was a zombie." :D

We are shooting Saturday night and I will post up a link when we are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I'm with mahatma on this one.

epic amounts of violence.

and on a more humane note.

a lot of people have spoken about insanity following Z-day, whether it's from the droning sound of Z's gurgling screams or from the isolation of other people. I on the other hand can't wait for the latter :)

being able to spend weeks at a time by yourself surviving (once in a comfortable set up)

EDIT: also.... this man would be dead.
    brian-cowen.jpg

absolutely magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    I'm with mahatma on this one.

EDIT: also.... this man would be dead.
    brian-cowen.jpg

absolutely magical.

surely you mean undead?

Braiiiins Cowan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

No bills,of any type.
    No poxy crap on TV, actually no poxy TV or internet,no whiney politicans,Greenies,equality types,wimmins equality types[the sisterhood WILL finally be able to prove they are equal to man, mean what kind of an end of the world scenario would it be without a few tight tshirt wearing combat booted good looking chicks with AKs??? Otherwise they are dead as well!!]
    No SPEED limits.No Gun laws at all.
    The chance to blow up and shoot things .Being able to muck around with dangerous things to your hearts content.:):):):)
    The chance to make life what you want it to be .Not what society thinks you should be.The reduction of life down to its basics,kill or be killed,lead or follow,or be a lone wolf.

Thought Auntie Entity in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome said it so well.

But He's just a raggedy man!Once the cock of the walk,now a nobody..
    Once I was a nobody,now I am a sombody.I created Barter town!!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I wont have to explain to people what I do for a living (lets just say its in IT and leave it at that)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

1. I don't have to cut the lawn and if i do take the urge to cut it i can do it with the Combine harvester from the farmer up the road.

2. I can dress up like Mad Max and paint road warrior on my car without fear of ridicule

Advertisement