Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I fix the lag in a Samsung Galaxy S?

Options
  • 06-04-2011 9:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a basic step by step, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭G1032

Doom wrote: »
    I'm looking for a basic step by step, thanks.

Google 'Voodoo Project'
    or
    Google 'Darky's ROM'
    or
    Google 'Insanity ROM'
    or
    Search this forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

G1032 wrote: »
    Google 'Voodoo Project'
    or
    Google 'Darky's ROM'
    or
    Google 'Insanity ROM'
    or
    Search this forum.

Thanks, which is easiest to use, i've heard of Darkys Rom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭G1032

Doom wrote: »
    Thanks, which is easiest to use, i've heard of Darkys Rom

If its just the lagfix you want sorted then you don't need the custom ROM. Voodoo alone is the lagfix.
    It's probably easiest though to flash Darky's or Insanity.
    Both excellent ROMs. Both will leave your phone super fast and give a much better overall experience.

Here's the Darky's link
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=814091
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/guides-all-in-one-guides-thread.1434/

Be aware that applying any ROM or lagfix will invalidate your warranty.
    Flashing back to Stock will solve the warranty issue.
    There is always a risk or bricking your phone while flashing these ROMs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

ok downloaded Darkys Rom, But I can't see how to install it.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

have a look at the first post in the darkys rom thread on here. its a step by step walkthrough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Upgrading Samsungs own update 2.2.1 (via kies if available) also fixes it. Running it a month now and still no lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

god's toy wrote: »
    Upgrading Samsungs own update 2.2.1 (via kies if available) also fixes it. Running it a month now and still no lag.

But the difference between 2.2.1 official and Darkys is about the same boost in speed again, no way I'm ever going back to an official Samsung firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

+1.
    Its well worth upgrading to Darky's ROM version 9.5. Difference is night and day. Be sure to follow the instructions and the video walk through step by step and you'll be fine, it is very very difficult to brick these phones.

Some utilities needed before you start (Titanium needs root)

Titanium backup
    Sms backup
    Call backup
    Apn backup

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Some utilities needed before you start (Titanium needs root)

Titanium backup
    Sms backup
    Call backup
    Apn backup

just for the OP's benefit,
    You don't actually "need" these. these are used for backing up everything from your phone before ya start. if you don't have anything important on the phone, or dont care about wiping it then ya wont have to use them.
    I usually sync my contacts with google so never need to worry about that. then use "My Backup Pro" to backup everything in one go. you can then reinstall the app and it'll restore everything to the phone after you finish installing the custom rom. :)

• Advertisement

Course you don't need them, but it is possible to flash and keep all call and text logs and even a backup of your apps and settings. Maybe they'd like to keep their progress in Angry Birds or some other game. Maybe they'd like to keep their browser settings
    If you flash from 2.2.1 to Darkys 9.5 and backup with Titanium, all app settings will work as they're both 2.2.1

This is the guide for first time flashing from stock to Darkys 9.5
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/guide-installing-darkys-rom-on-2-2-2-2-1-i9000-i9000m-only.1041/

Advertisement