Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an item

Options
  • 06-04-2011 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

OK. I just bought a game in Gamestop for 50! + 3 insurence (I'm not sure either). Anyway, I just saw the same game on Gamestop.ie (to buy on-line only) for 30! Can I return it in-store and buy it cheaper on-line?

It's been taken out of the plastic but none of it has been used! This is the EXACT reason I don't by games straight away!
    Please help me out!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

You can't return it as there is nothing wrong it with, you changed your mind. Consumer rights don't cover a change of mind.

If the product was fault/not as described/not of merchantable quality, consumers right would apply, but as that's not the case, they don't apply.

You can go to the shop and try to return the game, but they can refuse, and don't have to take it back. If they do take it back, it is a gesture of goodwill and not because the are legally obliged to take it back and refund/reimburse you.

Why didn't you check it online before buying in-store?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭LPHeadstrong

I've never bought from Gamestop.ie because the prices were usually the exact same but included postage. I just randomly went onto the site today (hours after buying it) and realised!

I was hoping because it was same company (in store vs. online) that it would be ok! They don't accept laser anyway so getting it on-line would reduce the price difference anyway.
    Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I've never bought from Gamestop.ie because the prices were usually the exact same but included postage. I just randomly went onto the site today (hours after buying it) and realised!

I was hoping because it was same company (in store vs. online) that it would be ok! They don't accept laser anyway so getting it on-line would reduce the price difference anyway.
    Thanks for the reply
    If it is the same company hopefully they will take it back for you, but they are legally not obliged to.

It's a pain when that happens, expensive mistake to make.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The packaging has been opened, so no, they won't take it back and issue a refund.

Their concern is that the game may have been duplicated.

Next time, check before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

OK. I just bought a game in Gamestop for 50! + 3 insurence (I'm not sure either)

If you're not sure what the insurance is for, WHY did you pay it?
    FYI, it covers if the game gets scratched or breaks or some such. You should have received T's and C's with the purchase. READ THEM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭LPHeadstrong

I know what the insurance is for! The "I'm not sure either" is because I usually say I don't want it but being a new game, extra content and Gears beta access I went for it! Not my style is all!
    Anyway, I contacted Gamestop and the replyer was very sympathetic (gamer) and offered me store credit for the return! Even though it had been opened! What service!

Advertisement