Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire (SIM Free): Network failed?

Options
  • 06-04-2011 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

I was looking at an Orange branded HTC Desire that was sold on eBay with the caveat it would only say 'Network failed', although also described as SIM Free and that it should work for an international buyer.

Can anyone explain this?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

dusf wrote: »
    I was looking at an Orange branded HTC Desire that was sold on eBay with the caveat it would only say 'Network failed', although also described as SIM Free and that it should work for an international buyer.

Can anyone explain this?
    Very odd. Tbh I would avoid. You should be able to pick one up on Adverts for about €250

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to android

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Very odd. Tbh I would avoid. You should be able to pick one up on Adverts for about €250

Just that 'Network failed' phone, or eBay in general? I'm trying to get one inclusive of delivery for < €200 on eBay which I have seen them go for, and then some.
    Davy wrote: »
    Moved to android

Figured it may have been a general network barring/phone unlocking issue as opposed to an Android one and should be posted in Mobiles & PDAs, unless any question about any phone that runs Android goes in that forum?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Figured it may have been a general network barring/phone unlocking issue as opposed to an Android one and should be posted in Mobiles & PDAs, unless any question about any phone that runs Android goes in that forum?

No not necessarily, just thought you would get better feedback here. I just posted to left you know it was moved, their is no harm done :)

My opinion on it would be to avoid, as possible blacklisted hence why the network failed. Often because of stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sounds like it could be stolen? Do phones only block nationally when they are stolen?

They say it was lost then found again so probably it was reported and blocked? But still more than likely stolen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

No not necessarily, just thought you would get better feedback here. I just posted to left you know it was moved, their is no harm done :)

Cheers :)
    My opinion on it would be to avoid, as possible blacklisted hence why the network failed. Often because of stolen

Would avoid on principle then.
    Sounds like it could be stolen? Do phones only block nationally when they are stolen?

They say it was lost then found again so probably it was reported and blocked? But still more than likely stolen

Think he might mention that the phone was lost and found again, but who knows how true that is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Just that 'Network failed' phone, or eBay in general? I'm trying to get one inclusive of delivery for < €200 on eBay which I have seen them go for, and then some.

Just the network failed phone. Ebay is great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I see it is an Orange phone on the Virgin network - possibly locked phone?

Advertisement