Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking With Dinosaurs to be made into 3D film

Options
  • 06-04-2011 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Emmy Award-winning BBC show Walking With Dinosaurs is to be made into a 3D movie, the corporation has announced.

The teams behind hit films Happy Feet and Finding Nemo will be involved in the production.

The project is the first part of a three-film deal with Indian company Reliance Big Entertainment.

Documentary Africa 3D will be filmed alongside new TV series, Africa, while Life will look at the life cycles of the animal world.

Walking With Dinosaurs, which used state-of-the-art techniques to bring to life a prehistoric world, was a huge hit when it was first broadcast in 1999.

A live arena show based on the series has taken more than £124m in the past three years.

The 3D film will follow a migrating family of dinosaurs and will use live-action footage of scenery and locations alongside CGI creatures.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11672232

Story is 3 or 4 months old, so not sure if it was posted. I'll be looking forward to this. Loved the original - a 3d film based on the series will be amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Aye, has been posted before. Welcome back to the fold dlofnep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Thanks dude :) Sorry I haven't been frequenting much, I've bookmarked it now so I'll be around a bit more :)

Advertisement