Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridgepool Ballina

Options
  • 05-04-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Is it too late to apply to fish the ridgepool in Ballina? and if not, what do you think are the chances of getting out on the beat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

Apply as you may have a chance of getting a cancellation date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Baldy51

It is never to late or early to get a booking as God would not get a day there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

I can only imagine! Any idea of how the cloonagee stretch fishes? Would be looking to fish the fly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

It's not as busy as it used to be.

The main booking are from the end of june till the start of August. You should get free fishing from now until the first fish is caught, it's probably not worth bothering until mid june though. Harder to get on it after that. If your there on the day some people don't show up and don't ring to let the office know. You can get on if your in the office.

The weir pool above the ridge can only be booked a few days in advance.
    Try the cathedral or some of the lower beats the ridge isn't the be all and end all.

Ring them - 09621332

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skipper756

thehamo wrote: »
    I can only imagine! Any idea of how the cloonagee stretch fishes? Would be looking to fish the fly....
    hi thehamo,
    Its always worth checking in with the ghillie on the Ridge Pool to see if there are spaces available cos there are often no-shows.
    Cloongee has some nice fly water. East Mayo Anglers have some of the best fly water in the area. See www.eastmayoanglers.com for further info.
    If you need more help PM me as I live in Foxford.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement