Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got next

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Seen the trailers. It looks really good.

Waiting for this fabled feature lenght version before I watch it. Been waiting a long time :(

From the trailers it looks really good at projecting the atmosphere of an event and I think it would be a great one to stick on for the mates that would slag me for the time/money I've put into fighting games and just say "This. This is why I do it"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's ok, very short though. Waiting for, as Orim said, the extended cut.

I reckon it'd be interesting now to go back and watch it, I believe it was pre Super and alot has changed (here and in the American scene) since I saw it so I probably would have totally different opinions of the people involved ( I felt Gootecks and Wong were dicks, but I don't these days).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ar, same boat here - waiting for the extended cut. Though from what I gather it's actually coming this Summer?
    I haven't even seen the short cut yet, but I've heard it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Waiting for extended. Didn't watch short version as a result but slowly becoming more and more tempted!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I became pretty sceptical that the extended version was actually coming out, but the guy was on a stream recently saying it was almost done I think. I'm waiting for the full length cut before watching it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ar, same here. I had decided that when I came back from Cannes I would finally watch the short cut as I figured the long cut was trapped in development hell. Thankfully I forgot to make good on that decision! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The short cut is really good. Very well edited, but unfortunately it follows a bunch of players who largely didn't perform at Evo 2009.

It is quite a good documentary though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

There was another few docs too... King of Chinatown about wong and at least one more but the names escapes me.

Advertisement