Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Enthusiasts Meetings?

Options
  • 05-04-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Hey People, just asking for opinions.

I was thinking... seeing as the summer is coming up and I don't exactly have any plans when I come back from my trip, I thought about looking into the possibility of Weather enthusiast's meetings. Our local small college here in finglas (Colaiste Idé) might be able to accommodate it.

If there was enough interest in it I was thinking I could go through the basics from the book that I have "An introduction To the Atmosphere" and lecture notes from a website we used to use while I was in UCD. I'd do all this on PowerPoint, to have it all easily read.

But ye the only thing thats stopping me from asking the college about it is that, I don't exactly have any expertise in the area.

Thats why I d call in "Meteorology for Weather Enthusiasts"...

But ye, what would you guys think about it? would u go if u's wer to live in the area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Iancar29 wrote: »
    looking into the possibility of Weather enthusiast's meetings.

Sounds like a brilliant idea Ian! I'm too far west to join in but the best of luck if you do go ahead with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Sadly I too, am too far away to attend, but I would love something like that ! when you get going any chance of you posting your lectures online or streaming them so that we could tune in ??? (lol not asking a lot now am I):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

eskimocat wrote: »
    Sadly I too, am too far away to attend, but I would love something like that ! when you get going any chance of you posting your lectures online or streaming them so that we could tune in ??? (lol not asking a lot now am I):)

Thanks eskimocat, haha, ye that would be a good idea, im still tough only in the thinking stage at the moment tough.

Im gonna email a person from the college to submit my idea and see what i get back . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Sounds good, I'd be interested:)

Advertisement