Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wake up?

Options
  • 05-04-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Ok. I want my MacBook pro to wake up when a skype call comes in. Anyone know if this can be done? I have it set so screen powers off but hard drive stays awake but when a skype call comes in the screen doesn't turn itself on. I'm heading away an want to be able to skype back home to someone who can't use a mobile nevermind a MacBook pro!
    Ps have skype set to autoanswer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Not possible to do automatically I'm afraid. You can wake a sleeping Mac with Snow Leopard via wireless from an Apple basestation or with an external tool via a wired connection, but when a Mac is asleep, it won't know that someone is calling on Skype.

You can buy Skype compatible phone handsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Yeah thought as much! Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

All it takes is a mouse touch to wake the screen up. Will the sound of the call coming in not be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Oh wait, screen sleep not the whole machine in sleep mode!

Advertisement