Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed [Financial shortfall this month]

Options
  • 04-04-2011 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Ok here it goes, I get paid monthly in my job and I had some unforseen payments I had to make this month, medical bills etc. Now this has landed me in a very bad position as i am left with nothing for four weeks, I seriously dont know what to do. I have applied for a credit card though BOI and MBNA, i am also going to have to apply for a a overdraft with AIB. The thing is i already have a loan with AIB and due to me having to make these payments this month i have missed a payment on it so they probably wont give me one. Normally i am very good with money and get by grand every month but this really came out of nowhere this month and it ended up clearing my account the day i got paid. I really need advise here about what the best option for me would be so i can make it to the end of the month. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I had the same thing last month, I'm with AIB 15 years, also have a credit card with them and they refused me an overdraft for less than half my wages. I have been paid into this bank for the last 14 years.

I asked in the credit union, they said they could look into it but it may look bad if my record looks like I have applied for so much credit in one month!

Is there any way you can get a sub from work, you may be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 unknownfact

Thanks for the reply, i have to go down to the bank tomorrow and see if there is anything they can do to help me, i am not holding my breath tho, im getting seriously stressed out about this now another bill arrived in today and i doubht my job will be able to to pay me what they owe me in advance, does anybody have any ideas. Three and a half weeks without money is a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Micko23

Any luck with this?

I knew someone who was in the same situation- had one off big expense and cleaned him out for the month. Again it depends on your circumstances- Do you have bills/expenses to pay in the next few weeks?

My friend told myself and another mate the story and was looking for advice as options with the bank were very limited and didn't look good. He had been down to the bank twice already early that week and he was seriously stressed to put it mildly. I was clueless as well about finance options for him!

As much as he didn't want to, he accepted 400 euro from the two us (200 each). He repaid us over the next two months 100 at a time.

I guess friends/family are an option depending on your circumstances. Nobody likes to do it thats for sure but its an idea as painful as it might sound. Lets just say the deposit my mate made into his bank account to tie him over looked much better than going down to beg in the bank for a third time..

Hope everything works out..

Advertisement