Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore on google maps

Options
  • 04-04-2011 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

When I try to look at Tullamore on Google maps, it seems that all the high-res images are on the outskirts of the town in fairly rural places. Whereas the town itself is in low-res. This happen for anyone else?
    What's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

It's to confuse the enemy ;) there's a VIP to visit the county very soon. I learn little nuggets of information such as this from reading the posts in the Conspiracy forum here on Boards :D that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Perhaps it's has something to do with security or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Google haven't updated their ariel photography.
    Use this one instead:
    http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,634131,725071,5,0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Google haven't updated their ariel photography.
    Use this one instead:
    http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,634131,725071,5,0

are the osi maps not worse? There is a field in that with bales and there hasn been bales in the field years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    When I try to look at Tullamore on Google maps, it seems that all the high-res images are on the outskirts of the town in fairly rural places. Whereas the town itself is in low-res. This happen for anyone else?
    What's the story?

Strange, but the whole lot is available in StreetView if you drag the icon to a location

See, here's Bob Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Strange, but the whole lot is available in StreetView if you drag the icon to a location

See, here's Bob Smyths

They simply haven't updated the maps, that's all. What's much more interesting is not where they haven't, but where they HAVE. some of the rectangular sweeps done leave the mind boggling!

• Advertisement
Advertisement