Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFoam.ie acoustic treatment?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

http://www.efoam.ie/acoustic.html

Anyone have any experience with this company? Looks cheap, prolly is but what would ya think for a small bedroom setup? Could it help a bit for early reflections and some bass trapping?

Worth it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

What are you aiming to do in this bedroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Well I've been recording acoustic stuff, mixing several bands I've recorded live and in studio and making electronic music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Oh and fapping, lots and lots of fapping ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've never bought from that website but know a lot of people that went the DIY way in terms of soundproofing etc. putting up some foam might not do much if the room is bad to begin with, floors/walls etc. is it a highly reflective room?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Foam is almost always ineffective in your average domestic room. Go buy 8 rolls of RW3 as dense as you can get, and stack them in the corner, cover with something pretty. This will be a big improvement.

If your DIY is good, make 5 dense RW3 panels as big as you can make them. Two for the mirror points, one for the rear wall, one for front wall and one over your head.

• Advertisement
Advertisement