Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRENCH ORAL........

Options
  • 04-04-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hey
    im doin my french oral on wensday and im dreadin it :( can anybody give me any tips to stay calm and not ger nervous in the oral??
    Thanks
    Gavin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

I had mine today.
    SO glad to have it over with. Got an 90% in the mock oral but I was really relaxed for that and was absoloutly petrified for the real thing today.
    I don't know what you can do about the nerves. For me, I was REALLY nervous before going in but as soon as she smiled and started talking I was grand.
    Try and be as natural as possible, even if the work is "learned off", put a few sentence fillers in to make it sound more genuine.
    E.g,
    bien sur
    donc
    ca depend
    ehhhhhhh
    ahhhhhh
    oui oui!
    if you don't have a clue "la musique (or whatever) ne m'interesse pas du tout madame/monsieur, je prefere le sport (or whatever)

She asked me a question something like "where do you see yourself in 10 years from now?" and I didn't have a CLUE what to say. I acted really dramatic and threw my hands up and said "ooh la la madame, bonne question, je ne sais pas!" yes I looked like and eejit but it made her laugh and I think I got out of that hole handy enough.
    Deep breaths and it'll be grand, really just think of it as a conversation.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 youngmurphy

Thanks for that. Ya i kno wat ya mean, i have mock ones all the time with my teacher but i know as soon as i sit infront of the examiner im going to forget everything :( Thanks for the tips on the sentence fillers, im sure ill be using them alot. :P
    Sure we'll see how it goes fingers crossed :)

Thanks again,

Gavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Mines tomorrow! Our french teacher told us to keep our hands under the desk pressing the acupuncture point between the thumb and fore finger!! It is supposed to calm you down, ha ha don't no if it works!:p but I thought it was funny advice... But stay calm and best of luck!!

haha ill try it and see!! :P Thanks and the same to you. Hope all goes well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Walk in but don't sit down. Let them know who's boss. And keep your hands in your pockets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭LittleMissLost

pathway33 wrote: »
    Walk in but don't sit down. Let them know who's boss. And keep your hands in your pockets

Lol I wouldnt exactly agree with that now. Ya don't want to intimidate the examiner by acting like a pure thug! :L Let me know how you get on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Flip It, you interview him Topsy Turvy that motherfu.....

Lol I wouldnt exactly agree with that now. Ya don't want to intimidate the examiner by acting like a pure thug! :L Let me know how you get on! :)

I will do, no bother!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

pathway33 wrote: »
    Isn't that just plain rude though? You're not going in to collect a debt... You're going in for a conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mikeyboii

I have my french oral next thursday and any help or tips at all would be greatly appreciated:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement