Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-install windows 7 issue new hard drive

Options
  • 04-04-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi I wanted to install a bigger hard drive in my Medion PC which I bought from Aldi 2 years ago, I wanted to do a clean install of the operating system because it was windows 7 32 bit. (It originally came with Vista but I got a Windows 7 upgrade disk 3 months later and installed it)

I ran into the following problems when I tried to install it on the new hard drive, when I booted from the cd drive and went through the install process, the PC was required to restart after it had finished the install, after this you see the windows load graphic when the computer restart then after this it just goes to black screen then after 30 seconds or so the monitor switches off as there is obviously no video output I'm stuck here, I then tried starting it in safe mode and after the windows graphic startup graphic the computer displays "Starting the computer for the first time" then a window pops up say you can't do this in safe mode. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?? Also I didn’t see any option to install 32 bit or 64bit operating system.

Advertisement