Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panic in phone interviews

Options
  • 04-04-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm normally very good in interviews but for whatever reason i just panic when it's a phone interview. I stummble over what I'm trying to say and just end up sounding disorganised and unprofessional.

Does anyone have any advice at all?
    I've a phone interview tomorrow and i'm a little freaked. I'm also not sure what to do- I applied for 2 jobs in the same company and i'm not sure which one i'm being interviewed for (I know I should have asked on the phone but i paniced and didn't want to sound thick- how can you ask and still sound professional)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

I know the feeling, I've had the same issue in the past, terrible... The trick that worked for me was to recall the failed interviews and try to "re-live" them. I took note of what I felt went wrong (it can be done immediately after the interview) and thought of a way to improve my answers.
    It took a while, but it worked, to the point that I passed the two phone interviews that brought me to Ireland! :D

If you need some more suggestions, help, or just need to chat, send me a PM, I'd be happy to help.

Note: I'm not a professional life/career coach, I just like to help when I can. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the reply daigo75. Unfortunatly I was a bag of nerves in the interview today and screwed it up as usual.
    I'll write that note you suggested and hopefully I'll get another chance soon to try again.
    Thanks very much for the PM offer, it means a lot and i'll definetly keep it in mind

Advertisement