Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus and Directions

Options
  • 04-04-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey guys, been a while since i posted but i find myself in a dire situation which i need immediate help with

ok dire might be a strong word for it.

anyway im looking to find my way from the city centre out to St.Kevins college on the Clogher Road Crumlin. Reason its dire is because i found out ive an interview there this wednesday and it doesnt give me much time to find my way out, i'd hoped i've have at least a week to figure it out when i found out about the interview but, turns out, i dont.
    Im not a city mouse im from the country side and the time i did spend in dublin it wasnt on that side of the liffey :)

any help with buses, pick up and drop off etc would be hugely appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Dublin Bus has actually copped on and sorted their website out now. :pac:

So, http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/?searchtype=place&searchquery=Clogher+Rd.

Hope that link helps. On each timetable page you can click in to all the stops en route to\from.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

thats handy thank you :) im hoping to find one from the city centre that goes out that way though, i get lost easily :) my bus leaves me on o connell street you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

Try the 121 (look it up on www.dublinbus.ie) and ask the driver to let you out at the stop closest to the college (they are normally very helpful like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Google Maps will be your best bet for walking directions.

the 121 is perfect drops me right outside it according to the google maps! Thanks so much guys you really helped me out of a sticky spot there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Drops you right outside indeed. When you go over Sallys Bridge, it goes up Clogher Rd, passes a Spar/Sundrive Park on your left and you're out at the next stop.

Presume you're interview is for a place there, so just a heads up that the 121 route is ceasing to exist fairly soon (DublinBus w**nkers, the residents in the Tenters spent years getting a bus route through the place).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Drops you right outside indeed. When you go over Sallys Bridge, it goes up Clogher Rd, passes a Spar/Sundrive Park on your left and you're out at the next stop.

Presume you're interview is for a place there, so just a heads up that the 121 route is ceasing to exist fairly soon (DublinBus w**nkers, the residents in the Tenters spent years getting a bus route through the place).

They're dropping the route??? Senseless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Presume you're interview is for a place there, so just a heads up that the 121 route is ceasing to exist fairly soon (DublinBus w**nkers
    boneless wrote: »

Yep, it's true - Booooo :( There's always others like the 19 and 122 from SCR but they always get stuck in traffic on SCR/Harrington St/Camden St-George's St which is really annoying. The 121 is amazing for bypassing the heavy traffic areas. Bah :mad:

boneless wrote: »

Not senseless tbh, but they should do morning and evening buses, say between 8 - 10am and 4.30pm till 7.30pm with only a handful in between. Never anybody on the bus out of the "rush hours" tbh.
    cosmic wrote: »
    Yep, it's true - Booooo :( There's always others like the 19 and 122 from SCR but they always get stuck in traffic on SCR/Harrington St/Camden St-George's St which is really annoying. The 121 is amazing for bypassing the heavy traffic areas. Bah :mad:

The 121 route was great, you'd only hit a bit of traffice around High St/Dame St.

Just in case anybody is interested there's a meeting with Dublin Bus in the Donore Youth Centre at 6pm tonight, few politicians and stuff will be there, along with my ranting mother.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Just in case anybody is interested there's a meeting with Dublin Bus in the Donore Youth Centre at 6pm tonight, few politicians and stuff will be there, along with my ranting mother.:D

Oh, I didn't know that. Will definitely pop in after work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 150 is planned to replace the 121 on Clogher Road (although it is planned to operate via Clanbrassil Street and South Circular Road avoiding the liberties section of the 121).

lxflyer wrote: »
    The 150 is planned to replace the 121 on Clogher Road (although it is planned to operate via Clanbrassil Street and South Circular Road avoiding the liberties section of the 121).

Plans to turn up SCR at Sallys Bridge. But my mam put a question to them could they not put the 150 down the normal 121 route into town, they said it's one of the ideas atm, but would turn go from Clogher Rd, through the Tenters and out onto Cork St instead of going up Meath St.

The 121 is gone now unfortunately so i have to find a new way out. Worst part is trying to get to the bus on the keys early in the morning to be in the college semii on time!

Edg3 wrote: »
    The 121 is gone now unfortunately so i have to find a new way out. Worst part is trying to get to the bus on the keys early in the morning to be in the college semii on time!

150 bus could still suit you, that's been the replacement"ish" bus for the 121. 150 terminus is on Fleet St, so 5 minutes from O'Connell Bridge. 150 also stops at the same places the 121 did on Clogher Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I'm not sure what the problem is here.

The 121 was simply replaced by the 150 on the southside.

The 150 will suit as it pretty much follows the same route as the 121 did but starts from Fleet Street at D'Olier Street (beside the old Irish Times office). The only difference is that it operates via Werburgh Street, Bride Street and Kevin Street to get to the Coombe rather than operating via Francis Street, before continuing directly along the Clogher Road which is where you are going.

Timetable is here.

Advertisement