Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sea angling

Options
  • 04-04-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

anyone any info on this? is it all year round fishing or can i hit the rocks in clogherhead this week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Yeah, year round, but a tad early in the year for lures. Still bait mostly

Only restriction to speak of is the two bass limit. but common sense prevails. Don't take fish you won't eat, don't leave a mess.
    Two things ignored by a lot of anglers

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

mawk wrote: »
    Yeah, year round, but a tad early in the year for lures. Still bait mostly

Only restriction to speak of is the two bass limit. but common sense prevails. Don't take fish you won't eat, don't leave a mess.
    Two things ignored by a lot of anglers

There is also a close season and a size limit for bass.

"BASS
    It is prohibited to take and kill more than two bass on any one day. (Bye-law No.667)
    · Minimum overall size limit of 40cm. From tip of snout to end of tail. Closed season from 15th May to 15th June."

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MotteDai

Im using lug worm and sand eel from the shore, want to get a bass, any tips on bait for this time of year. I was thinking of trying a lure.. sometimes im convinced the fish cansee me coming and hide!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MotteDai

MotteDai wrote: »
    Im using lug worm and sand eel from the shore, want to get a bass, any tips on bait for this time of year. I was thinking of trying a lure.. sometimes im convinced the fish cansee me coming and hide!!

Is there actually a shore fishing thread?

Advertisement