Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA League Club Competition

Options
  • 04-04-2011 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

At the start of the year I announced a Club Competition that will run paralell to the League, and I will award a club prize at the end of the year.
    The Club Leaderboard is now available on the MMA League website for everyone to see how their club is doing.

In addition I have upgraded the results tables with a problem reporting feature.

If anyone has an issue with results from this year's event or a past event, you can now click through the problem reporting module, which will allow you to send a specific report to me on a variety of issues - did I mis-spell your name? Are you down as a the wrong club? Is your record incorrect? For these and more issues, click on the "Report a problem" button at the bottom of the League table and let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Mark,

I couldn't find the report a problem feature on the club results page. Just to highlight that you have 'Combat Sports Center' and 'Combat Sports Centre' both down on the leaderboard as two separate clubs, obviously as a results of lads typing in different spellings on the application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

probably the same for xtreme fitness and extreme fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

The points of anybody who spells centre as 'center' or extreme as 'xtreme' should not count! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

danlen wrote: »
    Mark,

I couldn't find the report a problem feature on the club results page. Just to highlight that you have 'Combat Sports Center' and 'Combat Sports Centre' both down on the leaderboard as two separate clubs, obviously as a results of lads typing in different spellings on the application.

Hi Danlen,

you are 100% right, there is no problem reporting feature on the Club page. There will be at some point, but not currently.
    The problem reporting feature that is now open is on the Results tables for individuals, i.e. a single fighter who is in the wrong club, level, division, name spelled wrong, record is wrong etc.

I spent quite some time 2 years back merging all the multiple entries for clubs into single clubs, obviously folks have started entering variations again, despite there being a drop down list to choose from.
    I'll put some time into this later in the week and amalgamate the variant spellings.
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

@Tim - I spell center as center, do you not speak American?
    When you spell it your way do your American colleagues not ask "What is a 'sent-ree' ? Is that Irish for a night watchmen?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    The points of anybody who spells centre as 'center' or extreme as 'xtreme' should not count! :pac:

xtreme is the name of the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

xtreme is the name of the club

My point still stands.

I have added a handy Search feature on the fighter pages to search for a specific fighter by name.
    I have been getting a lot of emails from folks unable to find their fighters, hopefully this will help with that.

danlen wrote: »
    Mark,

I addressed the multiple spellings for clubs, let me know if you spot any other clubs that should be amalgamated.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Mark I have mailed you a few times possibly not reading the mails

Conchur McCartney in the teen 55kgs division only has one fight to his name. He also had a draw

Mark I have mailed you a few times possibly not reading the mails

Conchur McCartney in the teen 55kgs division only has one fight to his name. He also had a draw

Hi Jason - I haven't replied because I haven't looked at it in earnest. Rest assured I will sort it out though, I checked the results list and he is there for both matches, so I just need to figure out why it didn't get logged in the DB.
    I'll come back to you once I have it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement