Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Htc Incredible S - Any release info?

Options
  • 03-04-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the Htc Incredible S being released on an Irish network anytime soon?

I know its released in the UK and also on various web sites sim free, but I would prefer to get it from an Irish operator...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I'd stay well away from it. Was in Carphone Warehouse in London yesterday and had a look at it, not impressive at all. Shipped with 2.2 and nothing really different about it. Either wait to see what HTC announce next or wait for the Galaxy S II.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Dave147 wrote: »
    I'd stay well away from it. Was in Carphone Warehouse in London yesterday and had a look at it, not impressive at all. Shipped with 2.2 and nothing really different about it. Either wait to see what HTC announce next or wait for the Galaxy S II.

I'd have to disagree, somewhat. To me it looks like the Desire but packed with the spec of the Desire HD and a front facing camera. I prefer it to the oversized HD, but granted it's not a huge leap forward. But I'd still rather get it over the HD given the choice.

As for what HTC release next, this pretty much is it so you be waiting a while for anything new.

But does anyone have any release info? I've heard it's not due any time soon on Vodafone, but I wonder about the other networks??...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Dave147 wrote: »

To me it appeared to be an improved Desire, with a better screen and battery life than the HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

JustinOval wrote: »
    To me it appeared to be an improved Desire, with a better screen and battery life than the HD.

It is. Got one a few weeks ago from CPW.

Really liking it so far. But it still cannot be rooted and the bootloader and recovery are signed on it [see HTC on a Slippery Slope thread].

Otacon wrote: »
    It is. Got one a few weeks ago from CPW.

Really liking it so far. But it still cannot be rooted and the bootloader and recovery are signed on it [see HTC on a Slippery Slope thread].

Here? I didn't know they're doing it. Must investigate.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

As for what HTC release next, this pretty much is it so you be waiting a while for anything new.

dont forget the pyramid and evo 3d that have been announced also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

subway wrote: »
    dont forget the pyramid and evo 3d that have been announced also

and these are possibly what might temp me to upgrade from my desire. could be several months before they're actually available. here's the spec of the evo 3d cdma, a gsm version is planned afaik. the pyramid, from what little i've read, is basically the same phone without the 3d camera

no info on the incredible, OP, sorry, i didn't actually think it was coming out over here but i cannot remember where i heard that from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

same for myself, they look like actual upgrades from the desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

JustinOval wrote: »
    Here? I didn't know they're doing it. Must investigate.. ;)

Sorry, should have specified, I'm in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Gonna get the evo3d if I can hold out that long. Love the phone I have now but 3d sounds fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I'd say it will be a while before they bring HTC incredible S to Ireland . I think i will just buy it from one of them websites. I am pretty sure i saw it for 420 or 460 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I was speaking to a HTC rep last week. Incredible S will NOT be released over here apparently

theteal wrote: »
    I was speaking to a HTC rep last week. Incredible S will NOT be released over here apparently

I think I'll wait for the Sensation...

Advertisement