Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bala Sharks disease?

Options
  • 03-04-2011 9:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

hi folks.

my bala sharks have developed these white spots on them over the last week or so..

now the tank isnt in the best of nick lately and i plan on doing an almost complete water change and take out ALL te decorations and stones and replace them, including all new filter pads and stuff.

now, ive bought about 15 new fish 2 weeks ago.. could the water be the problem or would it be the new fish?

what treatment can i get to stop this disease?

pictures (if you look closely you can see the spots on the sharks)

pic1
    pic2
    pic3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

it looks like white spot

is the fish scratching itself against the gravel?

you should really clean your tank as you have alot of algae

start doing 20% water changes daily now until you clean the tank. then treat the fish with stress coat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

no they dont seem to be that bothered to be honest..

yeah im gonna do a complete water change and stones and stuff. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

including all new filter pads and stuff

don't change both at the same time as you will lose all your bacteria

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

ok,,, the white spot doesnt seem to be working. ive put the two doses in now and it only seems to be getting worse...

what can i do?

Advertisement