Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Aurors

Options
  • 03-04-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Came accross this by accident,
    it's an April Fools Joke
    ; just thinking: would a Bill-style Harry Potter Spin Off actually work, especially when the actors are American?
    Anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WhhS2maFEs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I actually think that's a pretty good idea! I'd watch it anyway.
    I don't think American actors would really make a difference as to whether the show would work or not to be honest. In fact I kind of think it would be better, because American crime dramas have always been better than British crime dramas (in my opinion).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 GreenFaery

I knew it was a fake when I watched it but I want it to be real soooooo bad! It would be AWESOME! Guess it wouldn't matter if the actors were American....

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭katarin

British Crime Dramas have their absolute solid gold highlights though, notably Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes.
    I suppose I would just see the franchising of HP in the US as taking from the tone of the whole thing. It reads rather like British Boarding School/ British Provincial literature from the mid-twentieth century. I can't imagine putting too 'modern' a twist on the whole thing would work in the same way. So, like HP's world seems to correlate well with 1950s provincial England, would American HP correlate with 1950s America? But that's just my opinion on tone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I was sickened when I realised it was an April Fools, it looks like such a great idea. I think having American actors might make sense, as they could base it in America and kinda seperate it from the films. if twas set in England with English actors, then you'd probably start to wonder pretty quickly why the main characters of the film don't make an appearance (seeing as the Wizarding World is always portrayed as a very close-knit one).

Advertisement