Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The future of Bluetooth advertising?

Options
  • 03-04-2011 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Doing a case study on this company iv attached.

The main questions that was kind of wondering what you thought of was

2. Examine the opportunity presented by collaborating with Nokia Emerging Technology?
    3. Evaluate the Marketing Strategy and Sales Plan being pursued by the company?

I have my own opinions of it, but my background of this sort of technology is very minimal so was hoping to see what you guys thought.

Be as critical as you like as I certainly think theres room for it. plus the start is very waffly so it can be almost ignored

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Personally, I think blue tooth marketing is dead. There's been quite a few companies in the market here but very little uptake by the general public.

The advent of smartphones, QR codes and this new Near Field Communication (NFC) has made the medium pretty redundent.

I don't know what other people think but my bluetooth is switched off unless I'm a) using a headset for driving or b) the occasional transfer of an image from phone to netbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I think it suffers a lot from:

A) Many phones having bluetooth either off by default or discoverable only for short time periods
    B) It can be easily perceived as being spam unless it contains clear value to the recipient to mitigate this; e.g. passing a coffee shop you get an mms to come in for a free coffee.

Advertisement