Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Connectivity

Options
  • 03-04-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, I recently won an iPad and was looking forward to having the internet every where I go until I reliased the iPad I got has only the wi fi option and not 3g compatible, have I any other options rather than relying on wi fi hot spots.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

What phone? Android and iPhone both have personal hotspots.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 derekoshea

JustinOval wrote: »
    What phone? Android and iPhone both have personal hotspots.

I'm not sure what you mean,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭kirving

If your phone has WiFi, runs on Nokia's Symbian, Android or iOS, and you also have a decent data plan/add-on, you should be able to use your phone as a personal WiFi Hotspot.

The phone can connect to the internet using it's 3G connection, and then share this connection via WiFi to your iPad.

derekoshea wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean,

Sorry, this -
    If your phone has WiFi, runs on Nokia's Symbian, Android or iOS, and you also have a decent data plan/add-on, you should be able to use your phone as a personal WiFi Hotspot.

The phone can connect to the internet using it's 3G connection, and then share this connection via WiFi to your iPad.

Thanks lads, must check if my N86 has it.
    Regards: Derek

• Advertisement

derekoshea wrote: »
    Thanks lads, must check if my N86 has it.
    Regards: Derek

Something like this should do it, I'm not too familiar with Symbian apps, there may be one better suited, and cheaper.

http://shop.my-symbian.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=695&osId=2167&templateForm=1&catalog=0&sectionId=0&productType=2&platformId=4&productId=227234

Make sure you have a data package to cover your usage, out of package rates are very expensive.

Thank all, have my ipad up and running from my phone, must sort out a data package now, thanks again for ye're help.

Derek.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

Thinking of buying a used Ipad, what should I look out for?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Try starting a thread in the apple forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement