Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE tag team division

Options
  • 03-04-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

So basically the tag team division isnt that great in the WWE at the mo, but if WWE were to give the tag team division a serious serious push, what would you advise them to do?who would you pair together and give them the proper tag team treatment,? any tag team you would bring in from around the world?

Well i would start of with a 16 team tourney, with a few weeks build up, have teams havin matches against each other and keep tabs kinda like the nxt format. Just throw a few teams together and see what sticks
    Include the likes of

Hart Dynasty
    Primo and Tito Colon
    Los Aviadores (Epico & Hunico)
    Corre members
    Nexus Members
    The Uso's
    The Dudebusters

Give someone like McGillicutty and Dibiase somethin to do for awhile by pairin them together and have another knda legacy gimmick

Could bring back some older tag teams
    Too Cool
    WGTT
    MNM
    Booker T and Goldust
    New Age Outlaws
    APA

If they could bring in the likes of (i Know unlikely)
    The Briscoe Brothers
    Beer Money

Realise not all of that is possible but just did that to give a general idea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You'd need to just have tag-teams beat big names to make them look serious. But I think its beyond repair at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I think they have done massive damage alright, but I think with a concerted effort they could repair it. I think anything in wrestling can be solved with the right push.

Also, if I were Vince I'd take Beer Money Inc and MCMG in a heartbeat and push them as serious tag teams. Would be a decent way to bring in AJ Styles too should that ever happen. An AJ/Fallen Angle tag team should be doable in the WWE. I know I'm in dreamland suggesting this, but it would be a massive boost. The best way to repair them in my view is have them vacant and then have an International Invitational Tag Team Tournament that is treated seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Its a real shame the way the tag division has gone. I used to really enjoy tag division when the likes of british bulldogs, hart foundation road warriors etc then hardys, e and c, dudleys etc, even last year with beer money and mcmg etc then that division went down. At the moment its probably roh that has the best tag. The thing is i dont think vince really cares about tag teams or putting a spotlight on them or adding new tag teams. Its a real shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Problem is, Vince doesn't like tag team wrestling and doesn't think its a draw.

The way the tag division is atm is pretty poor. Shur all you have to do is look at the list in the OP's post:

Hart Dynasty - broken up for no real reason. Both of them are now lost in the lower card shuffle.
    Primo and Tito Colon - Primo is now tagging with Ryder. DWZ&P look good on Superstars but barely get air time on Raw.
    Los Aviadores (Epico & Hunico) - Need to be build up if they are brought up from FCW.
    Corre members - Atm, Gabriel & Slater are the stars of the tag division.
    Nexus Members - Completely lost all credibility after the Nexus angle fizzled out. Most of them are down in FCW anyway.
    The Uso's - Remember their debut on Raw... They were ready for the gold (well, bronze now) but never got the belts. Tamina turned babyface and Jimmy & Jey quickly disappeared into Superstars territory.
    The Dudebusters - Good in ring work right until Caylen Croft got Future Endeavored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Team Mysterio and Mistico and push them like motherf*ckers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i think to bring back credibility to the tag division there going to have to bring back some golden oldies such as the new age outlaws and maybe give christian and edge a tag team title run. maybe pair big show with someone like evan bourne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The tag titles have been in and out of favour over the years. They got lucky with Edge and Christian v the Hardys. The the Dudleys arrived and upped the ante. Before them it had been stagnant for a while as well. The New Age Outlaws had also improved things, tag teams were in the doldrums then as well. The tag team division is in the doldrums pretty often in the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

It's beatin' a dead horse at this stage but the Kings of Wrestling would be tremendous in DubyaDubyaEeeeeee. Shame the tag division has gone the way it has since even if tag matches aren't a big draw these days they sure make shows more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Bateman and Bryan would make a great tag team :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Bateman and Bryan would make a great tag team :p

They'd be the most manliness team anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i honestly think its not beyond repair but it is suffering from woeful neglect.

as i see it they have devalued it terribly by having it change hands so casualy and having things like the time otunga lay down for slater happen

1st i'd have them actaully recruit some actual teams and not just throw random heads together. its just annoying - tag teams should always have the advantage over singles wrestlers teaming up - it makes no sense to have an established tag team be beaten by 2 guys who have never teamed before.

off the top if my head - they could resign WGTT and NAO which would give them

WGTT
    NAO
    the uso's
    The Core
    Nexus
    Santino & Kozlov
    Big Show & Kane
    Miz & Riley

they could also reform the following tag teams

Hart Dynasty
    Ryder & Hawkins
    Edge & Christian

also out of the current roster the following teams make somewhat sense

Seamus & Mcintyre
    Mysterio & Chavo

i'm tempted to put dibiase & Rhodes here as ted needs the push and badly - but cody is doing just fine by himself but Ted needs some kind of career reboot in a bad way.

realisticly none of this will happen but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe they could have a season of Nxt for tag teams

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The WWE tag team division will NEVER get back to the early 1990's, where I believe it was at its peak - Demolition, Brain Busters, Harts, Road Warriors etc all fighting each other. When they had the split and had Raw and Smackdown championships that really was stupid, it just diluted the whole thing instead of concentrating on one championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

ah now the smackdown 6 period was savage.

i just think they need to stop treating it with such disrespect.

it should be a title that even the world champ should want to win.

also i think the whole 2 champs thing needs to end unify all titles and start a new after WM.

also when is the draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I think it could be easily made mean something, like if they retired that horrible bronze title and then 6 months later brought it back in a tourney form. Intercontinental Title was made mean somethin for a while when it was brought back after been retired in a Kane and Triple H match. US title was a big thing when that was brought back to. With a serious effort into pushin actual cohesive units it could be a huge money maker for the company. and help young wrestlers learn their craft without exposin weaknesses/

Is there any two wrestlers out there that you would put together now to create a new team and what gimmick would ya give them? Would love to see a LOD/demolition time team occur, power and paint team like!would be hard pressed to find anyone that would immediately spring to mind! and give them kickass names, non of this **** making wrestlers names sound real, Conor O'brien wtf? we need a Hawk or Axe again!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

They should resurrect the old Kayefabe wrestling families. Just bring in some guys you've never seen before from FCW and make them the Anderson's or Graham's or even the Holly's.

Advertisement