Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville Diesel

Options
  • 03-04-2011 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi, Bought almost a full tank of Diesel in Charleville yesterday and about 1 minute after driving out of the forecourt my car was losing power when accelerating.
    It will now not go over 100km per hour

Anybody else have any issues with fuel bought in Charleville?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Hi

Can you say what station it was if not public PM me? have you gone to a mechanic?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

I have got petrol at both the petrol stations on the main road there never any problem.

I'd be very surprised if it was the fuel but then again Charleville is a crime hotbed

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

I Meant to reply earlier.. I got it checked out by main dealer mechanic.

They said it was poor quality fuel in their opinion causing the issue and that it will work it's way out eventually and to put some diesel additive in the tank.

I think I'll be sticking to well known brand diesel in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 code187.2010

Used to be an oil tanker driver, all oil companies have to buy over 50% of their fuel from the Irish refinery, all the different companies trucks line up one behind the other and all the diesel comes from the same pipe. Unless the tank at the station is dirty there's no difference in the fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Used to be an oil tanker driver, all oil companies have to buy over 50% of their fuel from the Irish refinery, all the different companies trucks line up one behind the other and all the diesel comes from the same pipe. Unless the tank at the station is dirty there's no difference in the fuel.

FYP, only one in Ireland

Advertisement