Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Daily Star

Options
  • 03-04-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Not really Offaly related, but honestly, I just noticed in Centra in tullamore this morning the front page headline in one of the biggest selling daily's in the country is: BRIAN AND DELTA SPLIT UP
    So basically the most important thing happening in the world today is a guy who used to be in a boy band a few years ago is splitting up with his girlfriend!!
    I know The Star is a tabloid but I wouldn't think even those who go for that sensationalist crap would find this 'story' in any way interesting. The Brits love this type of tripe (the biggest selling daily newspaper in England is The Sun!!!) but it's a real shame to see it creeping into Irish jouralism. Utter garbage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I'll be the 1st to admit, i love that kind of trash. Id be also the 1st to be all like "blah blah blah blah its rubbish" but i love it and would definately buy a paper to read it if i seen a headline about a celebrity, even tho i know most of it is lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Well the Irish Independent ran the story in the News section also, more than quarter of a page and what's more.....I read it *lol* I'm no snob *lol* I'd say all the papers ran with the story. I love reading about all the celebrity stuff, I was an avid reader of 'Titbits' magazine in it's heyday.

There was a fella used to sell magazines in the Market in Tullamore (long long time ago), all types of magazines from the above mentioned magazine to gardening and fishing magazines oh and True Dectective another favourite of mine :) if you bought 5 magazines the first week you could go back every week and exchange them for 5 different ones for 50p, he used to do the same with Mills and Boon books and Reader's Digest etc. Does anybody else remember the market in Tullamore ? most people used to call it the Fair and it was on a Friday in the Kilbride Carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Well the Irish Independent ran the story in the News section also, more than quarter of a page and what's more.....I read it *lol* I'm no snob *lol* I'd say all the papers ran with the story. I love reading about all the celebrity stuff, I was an avid reader of 'Titbits' magazine in it's heyday.

There was a fella used to sell magazines in the Market in Tullamore (long long time ago), all types of magazines from the above mentioned magazine to gardening and fishing magazines oh and True Dectective another favourite of mine :) if you bought 5 magazines the first week you could go back every week and exchange them for 5 different ones for 50p, he used to do the same with Mills and Boon books and Reader's Digest etc. Does anybody else remember the market in Tullamore ? most people used to call it the Fair and it was on a Friday in the Kilbride Carpark.

i do, but i was just a wee chap, used to be carpets there too, boss... What wil the star run today? 'Kerri wants brian back'! Il buy it for the tv mag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I vaguely remember there being carpet there because my dad used to bring me for chips every friday after school to that chipper down across from the garda station, and we would park on the kilbeggan bridge and walk down... the carpet always looked so much fun to climb across but of course i was never allowed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Vaguely remember the market, but jaysis how many years ago is that???:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

PaulieG wrote: »
    Not really Offaly related, but honestly, I just noticed in Centra in tullamore this morning the front page headline in one of the biggest selling daily's in the country is: BRIAN AND DELTA SPLIT UP
    So basically the most important thing happening in the world today is a guy who used to be in a boy band a few years ago is splitting up with his girlfriend!!
    I know The Star is a tabloid but I wouldn't think even those who go for that sensationalist crap would find this 'story' in any way interesting. The Brits love this type of tripe (the biggest selling daily newspaper in England is The Sun!!!) but it's a real shame to see it creeping into Irish jouralism. Utter garbage.
    Why is there an Irish Daily Star - people over there must read it - and the other UK papers.
    I don't buy the Star or the Sun here. And I haven't a clue who Brian and Delta are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

indioblack wrote: »
    Why is there an Irish Daily Star - people over there must read it - and the other UK papers.
    I don't buy the Star or the Sun here. And I haven't a clue who Brian and Delta are.

poor mans version of jordan and alex.

Advertisement