Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niall trying to get Kevin an English T20 contract.

Options
  • 02-04-2011 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

So, as the title suggests, Niall O'Brien has contacted all 18 English counties to try and secure Kevin a T20 contract.

LINK to article Here

Personally I would love to see him team up with his brother at Northants, David Capel the coach would be keen if the county could get the money together. I think he will probably end up elsewhere though, somewhere that might have some cash, Surrey or Sussex my totally random guesses.

steelbacks_nccc_logo.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

There is still a slim chance that KOB may land a temporary IPL contract for this year as a replacement player. Pune (with Angelo Mathews missing) and Chennai (Dwayne Bravo missing) come to mind, the latter would be a very good option for KOB as Chennai are one of the most consistent and well-rounded teams in IPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

reb73 wrote: »
    There is still a slim chance that KOB may land a temporary IPL contract for this year as a replacement player. Pune (with Angelo Mathews missing) and Chennai (Dwayne Bravo missing) come to mind, the latter would be a very good option for KOB as Chennai are one of the most consistent and well-rounded teams in IPL.

I might be wrong but as far as I know its impossible for him to get an IPL deal this year.

My understanding is that uncapped players can only be added to IPL teams if the player was originally listed for auction. Kevin wasnt listed for auction therefore he cannot get an IPL contract for 2011

Thats my understanding anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭looseygoosey

hopefully,he will go away and play a better sport.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

looseygoosey banned for trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Kevin had a one off fantastic innings against England, but that will not be enough to get him county contract, he seems a nice guy and I hope he gets attached to a county which will help him improve his game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

He wouldn't be too bad an aquisition for a county side for one-dayers at least. His stats aren't exactly stellar though, there are plenty of young guys in the county setups already who are more likely to be given a chance.

Advertisement