Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to read about modules for 2nd year?

Options
  • 02-04-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Could someone tell me where I could find out about modules for 2nd year economics and history please? Will I also be able to find out which lecturers teach which modules?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

http://www.ucc.ie/modules/

Does what it says on the tin:D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

:o thanks for that.

Does anybody know how many modules we choose for economics and/or history?

Also are there any compulsory modules and if so which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

pbowenroe wrote: »
    :o thanks for that.

Does anybody know how many modules we choose for economics and/or history?

Also are there any compulsory modules and if so which ones?

Depends on what combination you want. Joint honours would mean 30 credits a piece. In History this would (roughly) be two/three modules of compulsory work -- core lectures, case study -- that'll make up 15 credits. Other modules are 5 credits and so on. For who lecturers, go on to the UCC History page, staff, academic, and there's a list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

This page should help you out for History :)http://www.ucc.ie/en/history/Undergraduate/SecondYear/

However, beaware when looking at the options at the mo, as alot of them clash on Mondays and Tuesdays - but the History department have assured me that they're going to try and eliminate the clashes where possible for 2011-12. So you'll have to check back nearer the time to see what's changed and what's possible for you inconjuction with your 2nd subject choice. :D

Advertisement