Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftermath, G-Unit and there rise or fall of power

Options
  • 02-04-2011 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

So what do you guys rekon has Dr. Dre, Eminem, 50 cent and their signed artists going or gone into decline as the big players in the main stream hip-hop scene, or do you rekon they will bounce back with new hits like Dr. Dre's "I need a Doctor" and Eminem signing new artists like Yelawolf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Really don't know. Eminem is still popular these days but I guess not like he was from '00-'03. 50 will never be as popular as he was in '03-'05. Same goes for Game. Can't really see Kendrick Lamar being as popular or successful as any of those. Slim da Mobster won't release an album with Aftermath, I can promise you that. Dre, I don't know. Detox is a bit of a joke with the secrecy around a release date, the awful leaks, the lame single and the air of Dre's insecurity around the whole thing.

It's all about YMCMB these days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Hip hop is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Hip hop is dead.

their is hip hop outside EMINEM and his mates. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Rjd2 wrote: »

Good post. We still have have excellent rappers like little wayne and drake ,so hip hop is far from dead, it is the same as the 90s if not better now.Eminem's style is also allot better now and his lyrics have improved immensely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

F**K THE G-UNIT!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

We still have have excellent rappers like little wayne and drake ,so hip hop is far from dead, it is the same as the 90s if not better now.Eminem's style is also allot better now and his lyrics have improved immensely.

i hope that was a late april fools joke :eek:.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Never the biggest eminem fan, with the exception of SSLP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Snowc wrote: »
    Good post. We still have have excellent rappers like little wayne and drake ,so hip hop is far from dead, it is the same as the 90s if not better now.Eminem's style is also allot better now and his lyrics have improved immensely.

How could you even say that? How can you even put **** rappers like Drake/Lil Wayne in the same league as 2Pac/Biggie/Nas and say they are better? Drake doesn't know if he wants to be a rapper or RNB artist, and Lil Wayne is making money out of putting on a stupidly irritating voice and trying to rap. Hip hop today is **** for the most part and doesn't come anywhere near how good it was in the 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

i dont think aftermath will rise again unless 50 eminem game dre form an alliance like a modern nwa or sumfin even snoop could join and go back to hell raising ways and bring out a monster of an album that would be epic:D:D

but it not gonna happen:( i grew up with these guys as my idols now they all gone whack to be fair eminem is still popular but not with his old fanbase to be fair he has a complete new commercial fan base ill always respect the guy but dont like his new stuff:(

50 has started too many beefs for no valid reasons and lost credibility and not making good albums anymore! he could of been president back in the day he was everywhere movie gunit runners he was huge

game has the gangster appeal but leaves to long between albums and these albums do be tame at best with maybe 2 good songs on them

raps changed 14year old kids these days are too young to rightly remember the shady aftermath reign and more than likely never heard any nwa or 2pac and stuff all they hear is "young moonlight baby":rolleyes:
    now lil wayne is immensley talented in my opinion but just doesnt hit the spot with me but as much as i can understand how he is popular i am in shock on why people like drake????????? now we got alter egod ugly niki menaj bringing out pop songs claiming to be gangster i hope llil kim shuts her up:)

anyway guys thats my rant over just imagine modern day nwa type crew snoop,dre,eminem,50,game would be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

i dont think aftermath will rise again unless 50 eminem game dre form an alliance like a modern nwa or sumfin even snoop could join and go back to hell raising ways and bring out a monster of an album that would be epic:D:D

but it not gonna happen:( i grew up with these guys as my idols now they all gone whack to be fair eminem is still popular but not with his old fanbase to be fair he has a complete new commercial fan base ill always respect the guy but dont like his new stuff:(

50 has started too many beefs for no valid reasons and lost credibility and not making good albums anymore! he could of been president back in the day he was everywhere movie gunit runners he was huge

game has the gangster appeal but leaves to long between albums and these albums do be tame at best with maybe 2 good songs on them

raps changed 14year old kids these days are too young to rightly remember the shady aftermath reign and more than likely never heard any nwa or 2pac and stuff all they hear is "young moonlight baby":rolleyes:
    now lil wayne is immensley talented in my opinion but just doesnt hit the spot with me but as much as i can understand how he is popular i am in shock on why people like drake????????? now we got alter egod ugly niki menaj bringing out pop songs claiming to be gangster i hope llil kim shuts her up:)

anyway guys thats my rant over just imagine modern day nwa type crew snoop,dre,eminem,50,game would be epic

Great post , I just listening to little waynes freestyle on youtube....wow just wow.He is so popular now that he might get taking out of the game like B.I.G and Pac un-fortunately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Great post , I just listening to little waynes freestyle on youtube....wow just wow.He is so popular now that he might get taking out of the game like B.I.G and Pac un-fortunately

Seriously man, stop putting Lil Wayne on the same level as BIG or Pac, he's ****ing ****. And I have no idea how you equate their popularity to the deaths of BIG/Pac? If popularity is what results in the death of a rapper, Eminem/Dre/Snoop etc would all be dead a long time now.

you dont know what your talking about, how old are you?

lil wayne cant freestyle to save hs life or rap just look at this he is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

you dont know what your talking about, how old are you?

lil wayne cant freestyle to save hs life or rap just look at this he is a joke.

Watch that recent documentary on him and watch his process before you say that - here's the start of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHN8zGn28BA. He's ridiculously talented and has excellent wordplay but he's a complete lunatic and is unfocused. He can rap to save his life though

Watch that recent documentary on him and watch his process before you say that - here's the start of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHN8zGn28BA. He's ridiculously talented and has excellent wordplay but he's a complete lunatic and is unfocused. He can rap to save his life though

are you referring to the moment when he raps one of his songs @ around the 3 minute mark?

a real rapper can freestyle when he is put on the spot i.e krs one, even eminem ripped it on westwood something lil wayne cant do unless he is given the heads up before he is asked for a freestyle, for someone who calls himself the best rapper alive dont you think that westwood freestyle was more than a bit embarrassing?

im not watching a whole documentary on lil wayne listing to him on the first 10 minutes was bad enough he goes through me, my opinion of him is not going to change whether i watch it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

that westwood freestyle is HOORIBLE:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

no way is wayne the best ever what good solo song has he had apart from lolipop which was poop

i think he has talent but does not make good music in general a shame really
    but to compare him to pac and biggie and so on is not on to be fair

that westwood freestyle is HOORIBLE:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

no way is wayne the best ever what good solo song has he had apart from lolipop which was poop

i think he has talent but does not make good music in general a shame really
    but to compare him to pac and biggie and so on is not on to be fair
    Lil Wayne is complete trash. Hes like one of those rappers in the very early days of hip hop that just put words together because they rhymed. ****in Noreaga and U-God are better rappers than him.

Advertisement