Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ReMake of the GodFather

Options
  • 02-04-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

If Francis Ford Coppola said he was going to make a modern version of the GodFather or a remake of the original do you think it would be successful and what actors would need to be involved to make it a hit.

Or do you think it should be left as a timeless classic??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Godfather wasn't even modern in 1972, sir.

What if the sky was green and the grass made of candy? C'mon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

Syferus wrote: »
    Godfather wasn't even modern in 1972, sir.

What if the sky was green and the grass made of candy? C'mon now.

I know it was set way back in 1945 but still I wonder if it is possible to see a modern version set in todays world or a remake with new actors thats actually good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, Coppola actually resisted a lot of studio pressure at the time to change the time period to the 70s. Paramount would have have destroyed that film if not for Coppola. Much of the problems with Godfather 3 was due to studio interference. But as bad as Evans and co were, if you ever watch the making of doc for the third film the studio execs look like slimy gangsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

Yeah, Coppola actually resisted a lot of studio pressure at the time to change the time period to the 70s. Paramount would have have destroyed that film if not for Coppola. Much of the problems with Godfather 3 was due to studio interference. But as bad as Evans and co were, if you ever watch the making of doc for the third film the studio execs look like slimy gangsters.

Ya I was reading that they couldn’t get Robert Duvall onboard I can’t remember the exact reasons, and I think Mary Corleone wasn’t supposed to be originally played by Sofia Coppola

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It was supposed to be Winona Ryder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I suppose someone is bound to try and make a movie of Mark Winegardner's The Godfather returns or The Godfather's revenge, but it would be a mistake - its a timeless classic, leave well enough alone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

lcrcboy wrote: »
    If Francis Ford Coppola said he was going to make a modern version of the GodFather or a remake of the original do you think it would be successful and what actors would need to be involved to make it a hit.

Or do you think it should be left as a timeless classic??
    Of all fims to try and remake, no.

ANY re-make will not compare to the original in plot, atmosphere, actors, writing, editing and sound (inc music).
    There should never be a re-make of this classic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Wow, i got a real fright when i seen the thread title. That movie should never be touched!!

Advertisement