Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has everyone all but given up hope on more snow this year?

Options
  • 02-04-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭

Well somebody has to doit dont they ?? a new snow thread every month :p that almost definitely wont come true :( ive sort of given up on the cold returning.........until next yr obviously :p and would just like the warm weather from now on and a hot summer...but would love to see some more snow december seems like such a distant memory:(
    what do you all think??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

sunshine.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

very funny :p snow lovers only:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

that ship sailed for me back at the start of march. my hope will raise along with the shield around cork in december. until then i look forward to thunderstorms i keep hearing about that will happen during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Really wouldnt be expecting any more snow now at this stage until at least Nov!

What I'm looking forward to now is a long, warm summer only broken by epic thunderstorms the likes of which haven't been seen since the 80s. :)

Also looking forward to following the US tornado & north atlantic hurricane seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Dont see why anyone would want snow at this time of year, it would be nothing but slush that'd melt after a few hours. Bring on the summer at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Just having a hail storm now. I suspect this will be the closest thing to snow for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

No. Thanks. :)

Image0287.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Yes, don't want more snow. I enjoyed the snow this year and hope its back in November again, in the meantime, I've converted into a Sun God worshipper, for the summer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

liking the idea of epic thunderstorms - happy to switch from snow watching to lightening watching - love it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

A thread following thunderstorm activity over Ireland would be a great substitute for the snow threads

We dont seem to get big enough thunderstorms though!!! just like the snow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

youngblood wrote: »
    A thread following thunderstorm activity over Ireland would be a great substitute for the snow threads

We have one here - Hopefully 2011 will produce some long-overdue, epic thundery events :D

Fionagus wrote: »
    We have one here - Hopefully 2011 will produce some long-overdue, epic thundery events :D

Bring it on! Enjoyed yesterdays little event. Even better as i wasn't expecting it. Thunderstorm threads can be as bad as snow threads,waiting around for ages with the camera ready to roll and nothing happens!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I would never say no to more snow, but have given up on seeing any more before next winter. Looking ahead, it would be good if we had a Summer similar to the Summer of 1987. Though perhaps the thunderstorms at that time were not as dramatic as i perceived them to be, given I was very young at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Well somebody has to doit dont they ?? a new snow thread every month :p that almost definitely wont come true :( ive sort of given up on the cold returning.........until next yr obviously :p and would just like the warm weather from now on and a hot summer...but would love to see some more snow december seems like such a distant memory:(
    what do you all think??

Are you ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I know some on here are addicted to the white stuff :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

what do you mean am i ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I love a good snow fall, and would be happy to see the odd one dispersed throughout the year as well as in winter. Imagine snow in July and August, just enough to make a decent snow man, have a couple of snowball fights and then back to sunny spells and scattered thunder showers... ah utopia...

:D

eskimocat wrote: »
    I love a good snow fall, and would be happy to see the odd one dispersed throughout the year as well as in winter. Imagine snow in July and August, just enough to make a decent snow man, have a couple of snowball fights and then back to sunny spells and scattered thunder showers... ah utopia...

And a 2 week scorcher with 20c + temps around xmas and new year. Bliss.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

eskimocat wrote: »

Why don't you put some of the snow from the winter into your freezer? Then take it out in the middle of Summer on a cool night and have some fun. Just a thought:pac:

^^^^^ LOL when I was a kid I did this on a couple of occasions. Could never figure out though why no-one seemed as enthuastic as I was to have snow in July!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I think any chances of snow are well gone by now but in helsinki snow depth is still abnormally high

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/andrews/story/47949/helsinki-snow-depth-still-abnormally-high-1.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

lord lucan wrote: »
    And a 2 week scorcher with 20c + temps around xmas and new year. Bliss.:pac::pac:

New York nearly seems to get that in some strange years. It could be 20c one week, and blizzards the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭morticia2

New York nearly seems to get that in some strange years. It could be 20c one week, and blizzards the next.

Used to live in Alberta. One year, it was nearly 30 degrees on the last day in Sept, woke up on Oct 1 to find snow on the ground.
    Doubt we'd ever get that here.

morticia2 wrote: »
    Used to live in Alberta. One year, it was nearly 30 degrees on the last day in Sept, woke up on Oct 1 to find snow on the ground.
    Doubt we'd ever get that here.

Given the forecast for next weekend, never say never... (ok, ok maybe the 30 degress is being overly optimistic!)

Advertisement